Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm done with it. These price increases are ridiculous going to mo

Mat Price

The price increases lately have nothing to do with increased work force new equipment ect. It's just plain price increases because of demand. In 2010 precision delta sold 124 jhp for around 80 bucks a thousand now they are a 120 a thousand. Why.

I'm just going to become proficient at cleaning my comp

I'm going to start loading bayou and bbi bullets in my open guns.

So I will have some load data later this week with hs6 and autocomp for 9 major and 38 super

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nonsense. Just look at the attached chart and see how the lead price has sky rocketed in the last three years. Im surprised they didnt increase price more. ;)

Kinda reminds me of this. :D

Cheaper%2520Than%2520Dirt%2520magazine%2

post-8221-0-31897900-1393958878_thumb.pn

Edited by gose

I am going to try EXTREMES as well. Their HP's are rated for Open velocities

I have been using X-Tremes for minor and they are great. Have not tried the heavier plated yet. Their customer service is awesome!

They already purchase from overseas......that factory shutdown will not affect them one bit...I will stay with montana gold for the 124 JHP's as they are only $2.38 more per 3,750......great performing bullet for over 8 years now. When ever i get pissed over prices I always think to myself....what would I do if I owned a bullet manuf or a gas station.....

Edited by DrawandDuck

I load 5.3 of auto comp behind a bayou 147. 170 pf with a 5 inch poppled 9mm from FGW with the new cheely comp. Brass and primers look great too. A little case lube in the comp before and after and good to go. Love it and very clean.

I load 5.3 of auto comp behind a bayou 147. 170 pf with a 5 inch poppled 9mm from FGW with the new cheely comp.

I've never tried to run a heavy 9mm bullet to Major - I've heard that it will not

work the comp as well as a lighter bullet.

I'm interested in your comparison of lighter and heavier Major PF bullets in 9mm

with a comp. Does the heavier bullet make the muzzle rise more, faster or

slower, than a lighter bullet (I'm using 124 gr with 6.9 gr WAC)? :cheers:

The price increases lately have nothing to do with increased work force new equipment ect. It's just plain price increases because of demand.

Um, yes, that is how efficient markets work.....

FWIW, I was using Precision Deltas too. They got WAY too expensive. Now Montana Gold is cheaper if you buy the 3750 boxes.

I have gone over to Xtreme and RMR plated bullets. I can't see a lot of difference between the two and tend to buy from whomever is in stock and cheapest at the time. Both have been great. They both recommend using jacketed data for their bullets... the plating is THICK. RMR has 124gr seconds on their site for a pretty good discount right now. My buddy's gone through about 1k already and we can't see the difference between the 2nds and the regular bullets.

I load 5.3 of auto comp behind a bayou 147. 170 pf with a 5 inch poppled 9mm from FGW with the new cheely comp.

I've never tried to run a heavy 9mm bullet to Major - I've heard that it will not

work the comp as well as a lighter bullet.

I'm interested in your comparison of lighter and heavier Major PF bullets in 9mm

with a comp. Does the heavier bullet make the muzzle rise more, faster or

slower, than a lighter bullet (I'm using 124 gr with 6.9 gr WAC)? :cheers:

I ran jacketed 124s at 1380 vs these coated 147s at 1160 and my bill drills and prez times are right on each other on my range here. Doesn't seem to be a factor for me personally.

FWIW, I was using Precision Deltas too. They got WAY too expensive. Now Montana Gold is cheaper if you buy the 3750 boxes.

Seems to me Montana Gold and Precision Delta are priced competitively. For 124GR HP:

MG $92/1,000 in case qty

PD $98/1,000 in qty 4,000

I lean towards MG cuz they are prettier and have shorter lead times. But I buy PD too because they take backorders and hold true to their stated lead times.Basically, for me price is not a factor when buying jacketed bullets.

I am going to try EXTREMES as well. Their HP's are rated for Open velocities

I have been using X-Tremes for minor and they are great. Have not tried the heavier plated yet. Their customer service is awesome!

Seconding this. Only thing I could think to mention is they've got a couple different plating options depending on how hard you're going to push them. None of my handgun ammo breaks 1000 fps so I can stick with the cheaper ones :D

I use 6.0 gr Auto Comp pushing a 124gr Precision Delta 9mm HP bullet seated to 1.115... just chronoed these loads... 1182 fps --- 146.5 PF... very flat shooting for minor

all hobbies are expensive... so I buy in bulk and shoot away...

Edited by cecil

" It's just plain price increases because of demand. "

LOL... That is how capitalism works.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

So true, it's all supply and demand. The market is not good or bad but it does not lie. Demand is through the roof and folks are paying the prices.

For the OP, give the Bayou or BBls a try. Everyone that tries them loves em. I get 3000 Bayou 147s delivered for $242.

I have gone over to Xtreme and RMR plated bullets. I can't see a lot of difference between the two and tend to buy from whomever is in stock and cheapest at the time. Both have been great. They both recommend using jacketed data for their bullets... the plating is THICK. RMR has 124gr seconds on their site for a pretty good discount right now. My buddy's gone through about 1k already and we can't see the difference between the 2nds and the regular bullets.

Just to let you know that RMR carries Xtreme bullets so I am glad that you don't see a lot of difference. If there is ever anything that they don't have in stock, PM me and I will see if I have them available.

Just to let you know that RMR carries Xtreme bullets so I am glad that you don't see a lot of difference. If there is ever anything that they don't have in stock, PM me and I will see if I have them available.

Thanks! I certainly will!

Seems to me Montana Gold and Precision Delta are priced competitively. For 124GR HP:

MG $92/1,000 in case qty

I lean towards MG cuz they are prettier and have shorter lead times. But I buy PD too because they take backorders and hold true to their stated lead times.Basically, for me price is not a factor when buying jacketed bullets.

By my math, a case (3750) of MG 124 fmj comes out to be $98/1k. Their site shows a case at $368.

So technically PD can be cheaper. Buy 10k at a time, and they are priced at $95/1k.

Or, buy 6k at a time, and get them for same price as MG.

OR you can buy then 1000 at a time, in which case MG is $34 more expensive....

Am I missing something here??

MG $92/1,000 in case qty

By my math, a case (3750) of MG 124 fmj comes out to be $98/1k. Their site shows a case at $368.

So technically PD can be cheaper. Buy 10k at a time, and they are priced at $95/1k.

only that Montana Gold are better bullets in my opinion. I do all of my research on this forum and from what I have been able to gather some like them and some don't, whereas, other than cost I have not really seen many if any complaints regarding MG. Maybe they have gotten better but there has been lots of comparisons on here regarding accuracy and the few times I tried to buy PD they were not available

Edited by Sarge

MG $92/1,000 in case qty

It may get cheaper when you get to quantities like 10k. Unlike others here, that's only theoretical for me as I can't afford to drop $980 on a bullet order. My point was I paid $89 for JHP a little over a year ago at PD. Since then, they've raised their prices considerably. They used to be so much cheaper that MG and Zero weren't even a consideration for me. That's no longer the case.

I understand that's how capitalism ND free market society works. And that is fine. Because what will happen is that as the prices continue to rise people in our sport will likely start to find cheaper alternatives that produce desired effects and the company will begin to loose money and go by the wayside to companies who produce faster comparable products for less consumer cost.

I for one have shot pd pretty much exclusively. However with in almost 50% increase in price over the last 5 years and various quality and production issues they have encountered I will as a consumer in a capitalist society spend my dollars elsewhere

Mat, I agree with you to a point. Those companies won't go by the wayside. As the demand increases the price goes up. As people find other alternatives, the demand will go down and either their price will go back down or they will adjust to the different level of income. Remember, selling less product at a higher price will yield a greater return( to a point), with less stress and work on the labor force. The issue to remember is that the appetite for bullets hasn't gone down, just elsewhere. Those new suppliers who were cheaper will run their price up. They will do so because they see a greater demand for their product and think that their customers will pay more or in an effort to reduce backlogs to actually push customers away. That company's product will eventually catch up to the point that company A's product isn't so far out of line anymore. Donnie's bullets have seen a dramatic price increase over the past few years as well. Not bashing him or his bullets, I love them both, but the market is what it is at the moment. INFLATION, my brother.

I can guarantee you that the ones who are hit the hardest are the ones who jump out of the pot altogether and decide to jump back in one day down the line. It hurts way less if you stay in there and let that water heat up all around you. The other guarantee that I will make you is that whatever the price is today, fast forward five years and you will be kicking your own butt for not stocking up on components when they were as cheap as they are now.

I'll point out the obvious here, but if you are looking for ways to spend less money, get out of open.

Supply and demand my ass. If demand dropped off by a large margin tomorrow I highly doubt we would ever see a price drop for bullets. I've only been shooting a few years but I've yet to hear about prices on components or ammo ever going down.

I would bet a few bucks that if you invested money in say 9mm ammo your return would be a pretty damn high.