Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a press in both locations ... now what?

We recently built a weekend place accross the mountains about 2hrs from main our home. I shoot mostly at our new place since it is on a large piece of property. I love to reload and have 2 SDB's with tool heads set up for all pistol calibers I load. I also have a Lee breech lock single stage and a Lee Classic 4 hole Turret set up for all calibers too. I use the turret and SS to work up new loads and rifle.

I am planning to put the SS at one and Turret at the new place so can load rile etc. Obviously will leave one SDB set up at main home.

So here are the choices I considering:

Plan A = set up second SDB at new place. But then I'd be hauling toolheads back and forth (not huge deal but not convenient either). (Guess I could get a 2nd toolhead/die conv for main calibers for the new place)

Plan B = Thinking about selling one SDB set up for 44Mag/Spl conversion (which I rarely shoot) and buying a 550B and then just accumulate toolheads/powder dies for all the calibers. After selling the SDB the net cost for a 550 wouldn't be too much. Of course then I'd need a couple extra tool heads (with dies for the main 3 calibers) .40, 9mm, 45ACP. Another benefit is I could load rifle on the 550 as well. I have a few powder measures so no issue there.

I guess I'm asking for a sanity check from you guys. What would you do?

Thanks in advance for you thoughts.

OG03

Inline Fab makes their mount and you can put different plates on it.

You could get a mount for each place and a plate for each press and just take the whole press with you.

If the OP said its not convenient to transport tool heads back and forth why would taking the whole press be any better :huh:

+1 for plan B

I think you answered yourself with Plan " B " and don't forget this is a good place to sell a Press as well as Buying a new 550 from Mr. Enos he is the cheapest and also free shipping over a specific dollar amount!

Just my 2 cent's

Marc