Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sti Executive?

3djedi

I don't have experience with them but when I was looking that seemed to be the only additional features. It may have more attention to detail on the trigger but I don't know that for a fact. In my opinion, the Edge and Eagle are the best value in the STI 2011 line up because the features on the other higher end guns appear to be mostly cosmetic. Not saying they aren't pretty though. =) However, I can have an Edge hard chromed and still be under 2,000.00. The Legend, Executive, and Apeiro, while beautiful guns, are approaching the price range of hand built full custom limited guns and this a big deterrent for me.

Hmm.. Doesn't appear to be any rules against it. If so, I'll remove and take it to private message.

I would buy from Oak Hill Guns. Free shipping and lowest prices I've seen anywhere on new STI guns. Same day shipping every time I've purchased something from him. It typically arrives at my FFL in one day. The prices aren't disclosed on the website due to the discount. You'll have to check out to see them. He doesn't have a HC edge but he does have a .40 and a .9mm. What I was saying is, you can send it off to APW (or Metaloy if you prefer) and have it hard chromed for 225.00. That still puts you a bit below 2000.00 for a HC edge. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Edit** I just checked myself and it appears the edge is more expensive now. It might have adjusted due to 2014 price changes or I might have been mistaken. =(. So it won't be under 2000. My bad.

Edited by stnick

What's the difference between the Executive and the Edge besides about $500? Is it just an edge with hardchrome and different color grip?

Edge + HC + Fiber front = Executive

Anecdotally, the few Executives I've touched were tighter and cleaner fit than the few Edges I've touched. Have absolutely no way to know if they actually give more attention to the Executives or if it was just luck of the draw.

-424D57

i have to admit that my Executive is a little tighter than Edges I have touched. Very nice hard chrome and fiber optic. Enough to justify price difference; tough to tell but over the lifetime of owning gun the differential in price is minimal to non existent.

What's the difference between the Executive and the Edge besides about $500? Is it just an edge with hardchrome and different color grip?

No difference !!!

I do not know which one is worse!!!

I take it you don't care fir STi....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk