Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Nordic Rifle Championship 2014 August 23-24

IPSC Nordic Rifle Championship 2014

KouMAS ry and Heinolan Ampujat ry arranges Rifle-practical Nordic/Finnish Championship – NRM 2014 match,
Internationally sanctioned Level III IPSC Match at 23-24 August 2014.
Match is going to be held on 2 different locations at the same time.
Match website: http://www.koumas.fi/nrm14/

Divisions: Semi auto Open and Semi auto Standard.
Match capacity 180 competitors + pre match

Location of ranges:
1. Tyrri shooting range 10 km east from Kouvola. (8 stages + PF)
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ampumaradantie+81/@60.8851991,26.9060306,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x469052d7c4c1857d:0xd2ff1662efcf504b
2. Heinola shooting range (10-12 stages +PF)
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pikij%C3%A4rventie+252/@61.2053893,26.1082889,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x469028fa4a5bca13:0xe06328950fab14a6
IPSC targets will be the signs on both ranges.

Schedule:
Registration starts: 23.8.2014 07.00 at Range Office (Tyrri and Heinola)
Match briefing starts: 23.8.2014 08.00 at Range Office
Shooting starts: 23.8.2014 08.30 (On Sunday 09.00 at Tyrri and 08.00 at Heinola)

Rules:
According IPSC Rifle competition rules January 2012 edition.
Only the members of IPSC (Level III) are allowed to participate.

Match management
Match Director: Taisto Takkumäki (KouMAS ry) +358 40 5580314, taisto.takkumaki@gmail.com
Deputy Match Director (Tyrri): Timo Jetsonen (KouMAS ry) +358 40 6822674, tjetsonen@msn.com
Deputy Match Director (Heinola): Marko Helatie (LSPK ry) +358 44 7396090, marko.helatie@gmail.com
Range Master (Tyrri): Kristian Poikonen +358 40 7055338
Deputy Range Master (Tyrri): Juha-Matti Jääskeläinen +358 40 5345676, jhs.jaaskelainen@gmail.com
Deputy Range Master (Heinola): Pekka Partanen +358 400 883677, partanen.pekka@gmail.com
Stats Director: Sami Sihvola +358 40 5263025, ftr@pp1.inet.fi

Prizes: Every divisions 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be awarded. Nordic teams and categories will be awarded (if required numbers of competitors fill up)
FIN club teams and individuals are awarded with FIN championship medals (Individuals 1, 2 and 3 + teams 1, 2 and 3)
Awards ceremony location is in Heinola shooting range.
Number of stages: Competition consists of 18-20 stages + PF.
Number of Rounds: approx 350 + PF
Shooting distances: 0-300m

Entry fee and registration
Entry fee is 120 eur for individuals and should be paid before 15 th July 2014.
Ladies and juniors will shoot the match half of price (60 eur)
According to Nordic agreement there is no fee for Nordic teams.
Club teams for National match need to pay 50 eur team fee for registration.

Registration is accepted only if entry fee is paid before deadline (15.7.2014).
Registration starts 15.3.2014 and ends 30.6.2014

When you register, please include your first name, last name, country, division (SAO or SAS) and
Category ( Junior, Senior, Super senior, Lady or regular) and possible squad
request (for example same gun). Competitors from outside of EU/Nordic countries must inform also gun make/model/caliber/serial number.

Registration address:
e-mail: taisto.takkumaki@gmail.com

Accomplished fees will be returned only by acceptable reason (medical certificate)

Bank information
Bank Account: FI37 5750 0120 1518 25

Bank account owner: Kouvolan Metsästys ja ampumaseura ry
Bank office: Pohjola Pankki Oyj (Pohjola Bank Plc)
BIC-SWIFT: OKOYFIHH
Notification field: NRM14 and competitor name

Hotels
Hotel Valo is only 2,5km from shooting range at Heinola: http://hotellivalo.fi/en/
Sokos Hotel Vaakuna is aprox 10km from shooting range Tyrri: https://www.sokoshotels.fi/fi/kouvola/sokos-hotel-vaakuna
If you want to come to build stages and/or RO the match, please contact Deputy Match Directors.
Match sponsors, RO’s and staff will shoot the match free of charge in pre match 21-22 August.
Match and stage sponsor are welcome.

PS. link to the website is workin on next week earliest. ;)

I hope to see many good shooters from USA on that match. ;):)

Edited by Sako92S

I would highly recommend this match. I went a few years ago and was treated great! Ended up being a great vacation with the bonus of getting some match shooting in. We were sent to all the secret tourist spots and were treated to some great home cooking. If it wasn't for the kids tuition payments I would be there again.

Carl

I wished to see you again Carl. We were at the same hotel back then. ;):)

More info for the match.

Notice:
Please use commercial ammo only which do not penetrate steel targets.
Test your ammo before entering to the match.
Our steel targets are made of Hardox 500/Armox 500/Raex 500
Using military ammo (like 5.56 Nato SS109) which penetrates steel are deemed to be unsafe and competitor using such ammo will be given DQ for safety violation.

Match Director

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to inform you that registration has been open for 2 days now and all FIN slots have been used to the main match so far. The match is filling up pretty fast and if you want to take part of the biggest Nordic Rifle match this season you need to hurry. ;):D

Accomodation info

Special priced dates: 21.8.2014 – 24.8.2014

Room prices: 68Eur/STANDARD single person room/day

85Eur/ STANDARD 2 person room/day

Extra bed 25Eur/day

Prices includes room, breakfast, free use of gymnasium and SPA. All taxes are included.

Reservations directly to the hotel with campaign code: AMPUJATELO14

Payment: With cash or credit card at the hotel.

There are limited amount of Special priced rooms.

Contact info:

Hotelli Valo

Pikijärventie 1b

18120 Heinola

p. +358 44 700 8820

www.hotellivalo.fi

• 2 weeks later...

What major international airport do you fly into. Is it easy to get permit from us here in the Usa to fly over there with our rifles?

Easy, there's only one major international airport in Finland (HEL) ;)

Flying to Europe isnt too big of a deal or pain, it might get painful if you want to try and visit countries other than the one youre competing in.

Are there any slots still available?

Hurley

I understand there may be 50,000 Russian shooters that may be trying to get in.

I am not worried about them, they have their eyes on other prizes.

There was at least one spot available, now all that I have to do is work out some logistics.

Hurley

There is 4 competitors from USA registered to the match. :)

Michael, Kurt, Trapr and HRider

Visiting Finland with guns is very easy.

Match organization only need info of your date of birth, full name, gun make/model and serial number.

Then they will apply permit from police department and police will deliver the same info to the customs at the airport.

Basically the main match is full but there might be chance that couple reserved slots are released.

Ps. Only 1 Russian has registered to the match. There will be more shooters (3) from Ukraine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hotel Valo website is under construction due to change of ISP.

Reservation email contact is: respa@hotellivalo.fi

Detailed info for bank wire transfer:

Bank Account: FI37 5750 0120 1518 25

Bank account owner: Kouvolan Metsästys ja ampumaseura ry
Bank office: Pohjola Pankki Oyj (Pohjola Bank Plc)
BIC-SWIFT: OKOYFIHH
Notification field: NRM14 and competitor name

Beneficiary
Kouvolan Metsastys- ja Ampumaseura ry
PL 181
45101 KOUVOLA
FINLAND

Bank of the Beneficiary

POHJOLA PANKKI OYJ (POHJOLA BANK PLC)
1B / VA3A: TEOLLISUUSKATU
HELSINKI
FINLAND

We have over 200 rifle shooters on the match list :D

• 1 month later...

Competitor list has been added to the website:

http://koumas.fi/nrm14/id9.html

So far we have 180 competitors on main match.

32 competitors (RO and staff) on pre match

Aprox 10 competitors on waiting list.

The match will have reduced safety angles (left and right direction) on many stages but I believe most of the competitors are used to them.

• 2 months later...

I made it in to Heinola this afternoon. My rifle and ammo made it too, thank God. While I was sitting on the plane in Atlanta, a few close lightning strikes and a pop up shower shutdown baggage loading for about 30 minutes. I could see my rifle case at first on the ground, then one of the handlers threw it onto a buggy with a couple of suitcases and pulled the curtain. Finally, they came back and finished loading, after a crew member had announced that we were ready to depart the terminal. I am looking forward to this match!

Hurley

Kurt won senior category on semi auto standard division and got IPSC president medal. :D

It was very nice to meet old friends and make also new ones.

Previously I met Kurt and Trapr 2009 ERC match in Norway.

I hope you guys enjoyed the match and Salmiakki booze :D

I just made it home last night from this match. I had to stay in Finland for work after the match. I had fun and got to meet some really nice people. The style of shooting is somewhat different to our three gun rifle shooting (shooting paper at distance). You really have only the feedback of your site picture when the shot broke, unlike the feedback from steel. I did not place nearly as well as I would have liked, but I really am glad that I went. I squadded with the Swedish national team and Kurt, Trapr and Michael from USA. We had fun all weekend. Special thanks to Johan for helping me out of my fuel situation.

Traveling over with my rifle was a breeze, coming back wasn't too bad, although they freaked out in Paris when I asked them to print my boarding pass and it listed me traveling with a weapon (my bags were checking through, so I didn't have the rifle with me at the time). I was interviewed by French version of TSA and three soldiers with FAMAS rifles. It didn't take long and I was on my way again. There is a general lack of understanding of the rules by all airlines that I delt with concerning the transport of firearms. Most people were nice, you just need to make sure that you have extra time to explain things and for them to look up/verify how they want to do things.

Trapr, Kurt and Michael, I am still going to cling to the "third US standard" thing:) (there were only three US standard shooters)

Hurley