Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Bullets

pskys2

Any word on when Precision Bullets will be shipping out again?

Looking for any .44 caliber Round Nose bullets, was using Nationals and they jumped the price of Lead Bullets (.44 240 LRN) to $72/M!

At that price I might as well shoot Jacketed in my Revolver.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish ta hell I knew! It seems like an odd way to do business, if you ask me. I like their bullets, but if something as good or better comes along they're history. I just received in some LaserCast to try, and if they're as good as they're supposed to be they'll get the "nod".

What "Precision Bullets" are you refering to? You are not speaking about THE Precision Bullets in Kemp TX - home of the Black Bullet are you? :huh:

I don't think David sells 240s at all but his .45 230 bullets are about $52.00M and the fastest, most consistant bullet sold. IMHO.

>>You are not speaking about THE Precision Bullets in Kemp TX - home of the Black Bullet are you? <<

The one and only. The problem is he's not selling ANY bullets right now!

I thought he had his equipment set up after the big move. Is he still filling up his Back orders????

>>You are not speaking about THE Precision Bullets in Kemp TX - home of the Black Bullet are you? <<

The one and only. The problem is he's not selling ANY bullets right now!

I thought he had his equipment set up after the big move. Is he still filling up his Back orders????

It is a shame that a supplier you depend on can't get you his product and you have to shop elsewhere. I have been a customer of Precision as long as I have shot USPSA and I have been disappointed at the lack of availability myself. I do feel that Precision make THE premium coated bullet on the market and I am glad to see them up and running.

When I spoke to David a couple of days ago he felt his backlog of orders would be eliminated and all his regular suppliers would be fully stocked before the end of February.

Per my conversation with David, Precision has now set up all its new equipment and after considerable "growing pains" the line is up and in production. His new equipment swags bullets out of solid lead rods. Using this process virtually eliminates any possibility of voids and makes for an extremely consistent product with very low variation. The new line now in operation will over quadruple the production capabilities of Precision Bullet.

I have used MasterBlaster bullets and found them to be a very good product. I certainly would not hesitate to use them when needed, however I am glad to have Precision back and as soon as they are taking orders from individuals again I am going to stock up.

YMMV of course. :D

I used Precision for a few years, but getting them was always a problem. I think they got really popular and they could not keep up with the demand. I have settled on Zero bullets, mainly because I have never been told no.

I never had a problem with them leading in 45 or 40 cals. I am considering trying master blasters in my limited gun. They seem to be able to keep the shooters supplied.

masterblaster bullets are awesome, and im about to try some billy bullets.

the masterblaster bullets i have used in my 9mm, 40 and 45 are clean, dont lead and shoot extemely well.

if precision doesnt get back up and running to fill orders, i feel they will loose much of the business .. every day they are out of stock i feel will be another nail in the coffin.

not knowing the exact situation, i cant really comment on how he did the changeover, but how it should have been done is keep the bullet plant(or part of it) going while you build the new one....

that way you can kinda make up for the 6 months with no bullets..

ill use them again once they get rolling, assuming the price isnt too out of line(plated bullets are the answer right now)

His new equipment swags bullets out of solid lead rods.

Won't changing to swaging instead of casting make the bullets considerably softer?

I am sure I mis spoke on the "solid lead." The rods are a compound suitable for bullets. I "Think" I remember David speaking of addressing that with a different compounding of the material used in the process. I am not really confident to state that as a fact...Only an assumption but I figure they have it handled. :huh:

I am looking forward to checking them out - soon I hope. :D

• 1 month later...

AAAARRRRGHHHHH......

You know I really like Precision, and they are in my back yard so it's nice to support the local guy, but COME ON PEOPLE!!!! Only one update from the begining of January saying bullets and prices will be online by Februaury.

HMMM........

It's MARCH!!! No updates, No new website, No new bullets. What's the deal???

I emailed them 2 weeks ago and they said they were almost online, ya right.

I am now at the point where I need to place an order for 5k more bullets and my supplier is ignoring my business.

I guess that it's time to go somewhere else. I don't want to, but I am being forced to because of a companies bad business policies. OH WELL............

:angry::angry::angry:

D