Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GODZIRRA!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't see the trailers right now, but does it incorporate the Fukushima disaster? IIRC, the original was based on a nuclear accident resulting in a mutated reptile coming from the sea to terrorize Tokyo. Seems like it would be fitting.

• 1 month later...

It's a fast paced sci-fantasy with pretty good CGI monster fight scenes and a highly improbable plot and story line that rotates around a Navy Lt. But hey, it's a movie intended for entertainment and actually does that pretty well as monster movies go. I give it an 8+ but ya gotta see it in 3D and IMAX to get the full rush.

I saw it, 6.5, 7 at the most, out of 10 stars.

Acting, with Cranston, is of course great. There felt like a dead spot about 1/2 way until just past the 3/4 spot.

I loved how huge they made Godzilla, I thought that was awesome, unfortunately Godzilla is not in his own movie very much.

That is My biggest complaint, not enough Godzilla.

• 2 weeks later...

I was disappointed in the "other" monsters...all the online talk about Rodan, and it wasn't. IIRC, in the original Godzilla, he didn't appear until about halfway thru the movie, too. I prefer the original Godzilla roar, but at least this one paid homage to it. Not enough radioactive fire, either.

I thought it was better than Broderick's Godzilla of a few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...