Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9x19 "Super Match" gauges

shred

If you shoot a custom 9x19 with a tight chamber or want to take a little more possibility for failure out of the equation, we made a short run of "Super Match" 9x19 gauges. These are reamed to the absolute minimum SAAMI chamber specs (the regular Shockbottle CG9-100 is reamed slightly larger, although still on the small side of the SAAMI tolerance)

These are great if you have a tight chamber and/or want a little extra margin for big matches and other critical uses. If you shoot a factory gun and reload range or mystery brass over and over again, this gauge may surprise you with the amount it rejects. Although absolute-max SAAMI 9x19 ammo is still supposed to fit the absolute-minimum chamber, we have found 9x19 brass to be all over the map on dimensions.

Shipping to dealers now. Hot off the presses.

New run of standard 9x19's are shipping out now in silver too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

All of the Silver and the first black anodized Super Match gauges had an 'M' or 'SM' stamped to the right of the 9x19, plus a 'Supermatch' sticker that could be applied and an extra informational card (copy below)

The most recent black anodized ones have 'Supermatch' engraved front and center and should come with the card as well.

post-1846-21998_thumb.jpg

post-1846-0-36061600-1417564206_thumb.jp

All of the Silver and the first black anodized Super Match gauges had an 'M' or 'SM' stamped to the right of the 9x19, plus a 'Supermatch' sticker that could be applied and an extra informational card (copy below)

The most recent black anodized ones have 'Supermatch' engraved front and center and should come with the card as well.

Thanks. That was very helpful.

• 2 years later...

They are not a regular production item, but we have a few in stock leftover from whenever we last made any.

If you ask them nicely, your favorite retailer can probably order you one, or they are posted on the Shockbottle.com site at full MSRP for those that like spending money or have prize table gift certificates to spend.

I ordered one directly from your site...  It's worth a bit extra to get one directly from you, rather than dealing with a middleman and waiting longer.

I have one of your first 9mm "Hundo" gauges I bought from Ben when you first came out with them...  I've gauged around 36,000 9mm rounds through it and suspect it is still fine, however I have an extremely intermittent chambering problem and am curious to see if the tighter gauge detects any issues with my ammo.