Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem with Fastfire 3 on Glock 17

CLC

Hey guys,

Last week I installed a Burris Fastfire 3 on my glock 17.

I used the dovetail mount for glocks that burris makes for the FF3.

I read the instructions, and installed it exactly as directed, everything is centered, and on tight(I used loktite as reccomended).

I went to sight it in this weekend and here's where my problem started.

I started at 10 yards to sight in, then I planned on moving to 25yrds.

But, that never happened because I coulnd't even get it on at 10 yards!

I maxed out the elevation adjustment on it before I even got withen 8 inches on POI.

Granted after a hundred rounds it never moved, the mount stayed tight, and neither the POI or the POA moved a bit...

So, it's maxed out, and the POA is about 8 inches above POI.

My question to you guys is.

Do you know if I messed up something on the install? Or is this mount ment to only provide a zero way further then I was hoping?

Thanks for looking,

Charlie

I tried to do a FF3 on my G34. The screws included in the Burris Glock mount kit are two different lengths, but barely. I had them reversed. I think the longer ones go in the mount plate to dovetail, then the shorter go from the FF3 through to the mount plate. I noticed the problem when I was trying to tighten the FF3 to the mount plate and I could see the FF3 start to push up in the front from the screws.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, Burris will take good care of you!

They replaced my Fastfire 4 times in one year. Actually, it was 2 Fastfires, and they replaced each of them twice that year. Then, I wised up and installed a frame mount, and a DeltaPoint ;)

Good luck keeping a slide mounted Fastfire working!

• 4 weeks later...

They replaced my Fastfire 4 times in one year. Actually, it was 2 Fastfires, and they replaced each of them twice that year. Then, I wised up and installed a frame mount, and a DeltaPoint ;)

What was it mounted on?

Mine , 9mm, has been on close to 2 years, My son and nephew, .40's, are just over 1 year. No problems yet.

What was it mounted on?

Mine , 9mm, has been on close to 2 years, My son and nephew, .40's, are just over 1 year. No problems yet.

Springer Precision dovetail mount, on an XDm 40 caliber.

• 4 weeks later...