Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Staff Shirts

TheOtherErik

Lets see, the last shirts I bought for a match were N$130 for golf shirt + embroiding...thats ±US$25/shirt

So US$2977 at ±US$25/shirt would give you about 120 shirts excluding any discounts.....thats quite a number of range staff, unless each got 2 for the duration of the match...which I doubt.

I think the math is right...now, what do shirts cost over there on the other side of the salty pond and what are staff numbers like at your Area matches???

Are we talking about an Area Match? or Nats??

At $25 per shirt, 2 shirts for a three day match, 30+ staff is 1500.00 and you'd have to look hard to get really good shirts for that amount.

Assume if you will 3 staff per stage, 8 stages, that is 24 positions. If the CRO is fulltime and the staff is say one day, you'll need 8 shirts per stage, plus the Chrono Dude, RM, MD, Stats, Mr. Fixit all need at least two.

Now we have 74 shirts!!!!

@ $25/shirt $1850.00 and again $25 with embroidery is pretty cheap

Jim Norman

So, what you guys are saying is that someone made some money here.... <_<

No! I'll stand up for the MD right now --- not on his watch. I'd suggest a couple of things: These were the nicest polo shirts I've ever seen at a match. I've lived in enough places in the States to know that $15.- buys vastly different amounts of goods depending on where you live.

Other way 'round: US$2977/74 shirts (JN below)...so lets say 80 shirts...

Thats ±US$37/shirt

For 100 shirts we're down to ±US$29/shirt

Are these fair prices for shirts over there? It's an honest Q, since that would be real expensive over here... :huh:

I guess that's not so outrageous as far as shirt prices are involved.

My club shirts, like the one depicted below (I'm the guy on the right)

5-1-3.jpg

run about € 25 ($ 30) depending on quantity.

They're printed on the back too, with team and sponsors logos.

To furtherly break down costs, the shirt alone is about € 15 ($ 18), while printing and embroidering (team logo) runs about € 10 ($ 12).

BUT, the printing costs will of course raise if you don't already have the printing die with the drawing you want to print on shirts: this is a non-recurring cost that you should take into account too.

If you plan to have 100 shirts done (2 shirts each for 50 people serving a 3/4 days match), the cost (here in Italy) is pretty much the one posted here.

Since I've now figured out that we're talking about the 2004 Area 8 specifically --- it was an 11 stage match. I can't remember shooting a stage on Sunday that was staffed by fewer than three ROs. Add Chrono with one assistant, an MD, an Assistant MD, A statistician, a sponsor (read prize table) coordinator, and an RM to the mix and you're up to more than 40 individuals already. I could easily see 80 -100 shirts, esp. considering that it was a July match.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if he did the Area 8 shirts, however, my buddy Chip Calverly did this year's Area 7 shirts, as well as a few Area 7 clubs. His work is great, check out his web site below. Rob Boudrie, Area 7 director, could provide you with further reference as to his quality. Call him if you're interested club shirts or hats too.

Chip Calverly

East Coast Screen Printing and Embroidery

http://www.eastcoastscreenprinting.com/

401-272-1166