Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

nordic corvette comp

BradfromND

I've got a buddy looking to build an upper on a budget and is looking at the corvette comp from Nordic Components. Anyone have any experience with this one. I've got a Cooley comp on mine so if anyone has shot both, how do they compare?

Thanks

That Nordic is very good, in my experience. Also, the Dynamic Resistance brake over at CarbonArms.us is very good. It's also compact and light. Given the modest size of the Corvette, it is impressive that the DR one is even smaller and lighter. I think someone with actual high-speed gas dynamics designed it from the start; thus, the efficiency.

I have a Corvette in my parts bin waiting to be used on a redesigned upper, someday. Meanwhile, the the Dynamic Resistance brake is on my current 18" competition rifle given the size advantage.

I recommend the Nordic or the DR. Grab one and drive on. Over-thinking brakes is a popular pastime. Don't fall for it. Your buddy should make a choice and go with it. :)

[Edit: from the shooter perspective, I didn't find it any louder than my Rolling Thunder. To the side, yeah it could well be loud, but they all are. And yes, certain ammo can make some spectacular side flame/flash. Sure as heck isn't a flash hider.]

Edited by michael1778

I have a few corvette comps on my guns. I have tried lots of comps over the years. There are 2 groups in my mind those that work and those that don't. The corvette comp works.

Honestly I can't tell much of a difference from the seekins, sjc titan, rolling thunder, jp cooley, miculeck, corvette comp etc and have used them all at one point. But then again I am not the very best shooter so maybe it doesn't matter for me.

Not the best view of it but this gun runs one and I shoot it about as fast as I can slap the trigger, as you can see the rifle doesn't move.

Edited by ClutchUSMC

I have a few corvette comps on my guns. I have tried lots of comps over the years. There are 2 groups in my mind those that work and those that don't. The corvette comp works.

Honestly I can't tell much of a difference from the seekins, sjc titan, rolling thunder, jp cooley, miculeck, corvette comp etc and have used them all at one point. But then again I am not the very best shooter so maybe it doesn't matter for me.

Not the best view of it but this gun runs one and I shoot it about as fast as I can slap the trigger, as you can see the rifle doesn't move.

love it indoor three gun. We need that here.

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

A tip on the Corvette for 308 use!! drill the small holes out larger,.....I don't recall the diameter but Tim Ubl at Taccom can tell you, or Kenny at Nordic. Given the small size of the MB, I personally feel it is much more efficient than the larger MB's, some of the larger ones are effective based on the extra weight, which IMO, is something I'm trying to avoid.

Trapr