Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

in need of a good smith to build a sti 2011 and not break the bank

kodiak907

like the title says, I won a sti tactical frame kit and I've got a caspian 5 inch slide. I'm looking to have it built because I live in alaska and I don't trust anyone to build it up here. I'm sure this post has been done before but I couldn't find it. so any help would be awesome.

thanks for taking the time to read this.

The words good smith and not break the bank don't go together. If you want a gun built by a well known smith you just half to pay for it, not being smart about it, that's just the short and long of it. Look at it this way if you try to go the cheep route , there is a chance it could not run when you get it, so then you box it up send it back, with insurance, so your are at a extra $100 more into it now and you will probably half to pay shipping back too. On the other hand it may work, who knows ? This could go on a couple of times ? Go with a good smith that is known for his guns running and just pay it, in the long run you will be happy you did. Oh buy the way I reccomend Dan Bedell

Good luck with your build

Edited by Sudden Death

Cameron Custom

http://www.cameronscustomguns.com

Lone Star Innovations

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=281

But yeah break the bank is relative. Buy once cry once for high quality work. But if budget is a major consideration then forgo the "Bells & whistles".

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Doug Jones has built several guns for me and repaired a few that other gunsmiths had their hand in.... He is the guy behind Acc-U-Rails... the rails on a 1911 style gun that tighten up the frame to slide fit. Not to drop names but Jerry Barnhart still has Doug do all his handgun work....

Link to his website. He is in Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. And remember, he's in the Eastern time zone.

BC

Doug Jones has built several guns for me and repaired a few that other gunsmiths had their hand in.... He is the guy behind Acc-U-Rails... the rails on a 1911 style gun that tighten up the frame to slide fit. Not to drop names but Jerry Barnhart still has Doug do all his handgun work....

Link to his website. He is in Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. And remember, he's in the Eastern time zone.

BC

i have had doug accurail quite a few of my guns and his work has always been very fair priced, excellent quality with fast turn around. id say definintly give him a call

BC

You beat me to it.

Doug has one of my guns right now.