Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Worst on-screen gun handling?

blind bat

I started watching the Dr. Who spinoff "Torchwood". I'm amazed by how poorly guns are portrayed and handled in the series considering the main characters are supposed to be the most elite crime fighters on the planet.

This series has it all, airsoft replicas, racking the slide for effect, cup and saucer, everyone sweeping everyone, the list goes on. In one scene a character has his finger so far into the trigger guard he'd be shooting with his knuckle joint. Torchwood is produced by the BBC (UK) so you have to give them a little slack for not having decent trainers on every corner but you'd think there must be someone on staff who'd say 'um guys you look ridiculous'.

I did notice they have decent trigger discipline with the airsoft guns. I wonder if that was due to countess retakes caused by slides cycling at inopportune times. ;)

What's your vote for the tv show or movie with the worst gun handling?

Edited by blind bat

Mel Gibson - Lethal Weapon.

In the scene where he shoots the smiley face on the target, he has a terrible flinch and is jerking the trigger so badly the barrel is all over the place

Edited by sfchorn

Remember the final scene of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? Eastwood cuts the rope one last time, dropping Tuco to the ground.

Forgetting that he's shooting from horseback… and that he's resting the gun on his own arm… and when he raises the ladder sight, it drops down about an inch on it's own… and that the muzzle is waving all over the place.

When the shot breaks, Clint's got his eyes closed.

closed.jpg

Now that's a good shot. B)

Edited by cas

Remember the final scene of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? Eastwood cuts the rope one last time, dropping Tuco to the ground.

Forgetting that he's shooting from horseback… and that he's resting the gun on his own arm… and when he raises the ladder sight, it drops down about an inch on it's own… and that the muzzle is waving all over the place.

closed.jpg

Like Chuck Norris, Clint shoots better with his eyes closed.

closed.jpg

Like Chuck Norris, Clint shoots better with his eyes closed.

You can't aim with your eyes. Those who aim with their eyes have forgotten the face of their father....I aim with my mind :ph34r:

Edited by jabbermurph

Mel Gibson - Lethal Weapon.

In the scene where he shoots the smiley face on the target, he has a terrible flinch and is jerking the trigger so badly the barrel is all over the place

In Lethal Weapon 3, Danny Glover does ND into the locker room floor while holstering with his finger on the trigger. That could be the most honest piece of action move drama ever recorded. :)

I think iswope wins. Good thing he can only shoot six of the other cops before he needs to reload.

Edited by blind bat

Plan 9 Wins big on both counts!

Up for dis-honorable mention is Kevin Costner in the Bodyguard, where he also uses his pistol as a pointer when points his pistol at the face of Whitney Houston to indicate which direction she should move.

Edited by Ming the Merciless

How do we make a choice? There's "Equilibrium" and its infamous Gunkata. All the Lethal Weapons. The early Law and Order shows. and on and on and on...

I have noticed lately that more and more gun handling on the screen includes finger alongside the gun and out of the trigger guard.

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Girl on there that used to be an actress decided to go take a self defense class and carry a pistol. She said something like "this is how we did it in the movies" while grabbing the gun away from the instructor and pointing towards the target, posing, and pulling the trigger. Then handed the gun back to the instructor by putting the barrel into his gut, finger still on trigger.

PS - This is the wife's show, I just happened to be in the room.

PPS - Later in the show, the girl was shooting and after each shot the camera cut to a casing hitting the floor....it was a revolver.

Edited by meatsauce

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I present to you my nomination:

The fact that he hardly even flinches and doesn't break rank... spect.

Here is a longer version http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=polish+soldier+shoots+hat+off&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjGFnsi_cnTQ&ei=jCQFU9DcFOiZ1AHUk4C4DQ&usg=AFQjCNGmzbIbJfoaFr6PSiVYp4NFPBfzFw&sig2=Xm-6I2Lam11sSbpyfgvFAw

Likely a blank but still