2014 Cheely Custom Gunworks Michigan State Sectional

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Email sent!

These are typically very good matches and the Michigan shooters I have met are a great bunch of people!! If you get the chance you should shoot this match. :cheers:

Edited by Sarge

After talking with Chris this winter (he caught me in a stir crazy weekend...), I agreed to help him with this match in regards to a new sub match within the match since he wanted to do something new and different here in Michigun.

We will now have a Team Club championship within the match. I confess to pretty much stealing from the Canadian IPSC Nationals on how they run their Provincial Championship during their National Championship. Each club (Any club...USPSA, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, IPSC Ontario even)can form a Team in any of the recognized Divisions and send them to compete in this match. Each Team will have 4 members shooting the same Division. They must all be members of the same club as of December of 2013 so that there is no stacking of members by any 1 club. Straight up match scores will be used (no class distinctions will be recognized). Top 3 point totals count with the 4th (lowest) point score being dropped. Highest accumulated point total wins the Club championship. A club can have more than 1 team in any Division so if your club has some talent in 1 Division they can all compete. In order for the Division to be recognized, there must be a minimum of (4) teams competing in that Division. Get together with some of your local club members and organize a Team. All Team members must shoot the same day and we encourage you to shoot on the same squad showing your Club colors/shirts/hats. No semi or Pro Teams such as Team SV,Glock for example. However, if they are all members of 1 club, then they would qualify.......

Cost of the Club Team Championship is $15 per person/$60 per Team in addition to the regular match fee. There is a separate prize(s) for the Club Championship. High Overall in each recognized Division will receive a trophy for theclub and each team member will receive a medal. The winning team will also receive cash as each Division is a cash payback after expenses (trophy/medals)are paid out. The more Teams in each Division means the more potential $$ for the winning Team. Only the winning Team receives $$ for this year. If a non Michigan Team wins the club championship, they will receive a trophy for HOA and medals but not the Michigan Club Team Championship as that Team will receive the trophy and medals. The HOA Team will win the cash $$ award though as they earned it.

Chances are Open, Limited, Production and Single Stack will be recognized this year. I am not sure if there will be enough entry's in Limited 10 and Revolver. Contact the Match Director, Chris Vasilion for match applications and the official rules (full page)or if you have further questions.

I already know of 1 Team from a club in Ohio looking to come North in pursuit of Loot and Glory.....with hints of another club in Pennsylvania doing the same.......Remember, this is open to IPSC clubs in Canada as well.

I kinda like the club team thing but its a little too limiting. Our club limits total members and fills up so some of my teammates have wanted to join the club for over a year.

If you are trying to load up a team to win something like this you scare me with your fragile ego and poor sense of honor. That said I have caught people cheating a non prize or trophy local club match. Scary

That said my team does not belong to the same club but we do practice together, wear the same uniform, shoot matches together and have a team name. I know you gotta have rules too.

Edited by BSeevers

I do not think this is mandatory and it was designed for Michigan clubs to promote another benefit for being a member. They just opened up to other clubs so that it would be more inclusive. I really like the idea it brings another facet to the match.

Maybe have some state teams instead of club teams. This way a group of guys who regularly shoot together could be on a team together.

Ohio against Michigan? Nope it will never work :goof::devil:

Oh I think you should consider extra points or something for a team with a Lady or Junior?

Edited by BSeevers

Yeah my club has lots of shooters who come shoot USPSA matches religiously, but aren't members of the host club, per se. If I could only be on a team with actual members of my 'home club' it would be sparse. And squadding together wouldn't be easy. In fact, we might have trouble finding 4 open shooters to form a team.

Not too many people are willing to pay the $200+ membership fees when they know they can come shoot the match regardless of membership.

Guys-those seem to be specific issues about your home clubs and not for this thread. This match within a match is about giving shooters another option with a chance of reward (plus loot and glory) when they shoot the Michigan Sectional. We are trying this format this year. If the folks from Ohio would like to try a different format, then my suggestion is to try that out at the Ohio Sectional and not complain about it here. If we as shooters decide that we want to participate in your format, then we will do so knowing that we have new options open to us and will thank you for trying something new as well.

Yes, one of the thoughts behind this concept was to increase the interaction between club members by having them shoot as a Team. Those bonds are the things that hold clubs together as they hopefully forge better relationships between members. Nothing like sticking together to kick the crap out of another clubs team head to head, win some $$, a trophy for the club and team medals. It might even bring some folks together who never would have thought about something like this before. Maybe even foster some shooters to try a new Division so that they can bring a Team to the event. All good things for our sport.

So who has a Team from their club wanting to try this? South Kent Sportsman Club has some good Open Shooters and Single Stack guys? DSC?-Open..........Livingston-Limited ??? Windsor Action Pistol Club-Limited/Standard or Open? Raccoon Hunters-Single Stack, Production and Open??

Remember-any club can form more than just 1 Team in any Division.........

Hope to see many folks participate in this so that we can continue this for years to come. Have a Large Cup type of trophy....big bottles of champagne to open/spray the crowd in celebration ect...........You get the idea.

Oh I get it. It's a michigan/canada thing. Why not just make this open to michigan clubs. crown a state champion in each division as well as a state championship team.

Enjoy

I hope it doesn't become a distraction to the sectional match.

Russell-happy to have your club team participate!!!!! Your Team will certainly be a contender for High Overall in Production.

Kevin-it is a Michigan Club thing...however, we opened it up to clubs from any state/country that would like to participate. Why all the negative vibe on this? We would love to see you participate in this side match. Even if it is in Production Division.

Dennis-Can't help you on the revolver thing. Just not enough shooters choosing to participate in this Division compared to other choices. However, you do shoot Single Stack often and could also shoot in Limited 10 for example. Put a Team together from Top Gun and go for it!!!!

Cool thing about this concept is that it shouldn't take anything away from the overall match. I would love to see a bunch of clubs participate by sending out multiple Teams. I have heard rumors of a Team from Pennsylvania attending this already. Wonder if Team Jamaica might attend again?

Why all the negative vibe on this? We would love to see you participate in this side match. Even if it is in Production Division.

Sorry to put off negative vibes. Don't want to step on any toes. So is the club thing a side match or a sub match. I'm sure it's a sub match within the main match but you call it a side match above. It probably makes no difference as I don't know for sure if there are even 4 shooters coming up from my home club. :goof:

It applies to Canadian Teams as well since you guys have to belong to a club to have your firearms for sporting purposes. I don't remember off hand what club you belong to but I am sure that there are at least 3 other IPSC shooters from your club you could grab to form a team. Your team would be eligible for the High Overall award, medals and the US $$$$.

We would love to have our friends from Canada participate. Think of all the Pinoy shooters from the Toronto area that shoot Standard/Limited and Open. Tough competition right there.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the hotel info for anyone wanting to spend the night August 7th, 8th or 9th. The rate is $70.39 for one night or $149.20 for two night. I have 15 rooms blocked off. They have two queen beds, mini fridge and microwave. Just tell them your with the Michigan Sectional. www.americanheritageinnmichigan.com

American Heritage Inn
1681 E. Grand River Avenue
Portland, MI 48875
Phone : 517-647-2200
Fax : 517-647-2250 General Hotel Information:
Check-In: 3PM (15:00)
Check-Out: 11AM (11:00)
Hotel Ratings: AAA-2 Diamond
Pet Policy: Pets may be accepted. Please contact the hotel directly for full details.

Edited by cvasilion