Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Directors: how do you handle this?

Nimitz

I shoot IDPA on occasion (my home club has sanctioned matches). I expect, and the SO's expect, that I will participate in compliance with the organization's rules. If there is a local rule that will be enforced, I expect that I will be told what these are. I have no problems with that, since it is now part of the rules of the sport.

Similarly, if USPSA were to allow local rules, I would abide by them, assuming the host club will advise me of what these might be. If no local rules are allowed, I expect to abide by the already established rules of the sport. If I want to shoot at a club that has local rules, I will abide by them, knowing that I am shooting a non USPSA match, whether it is "outlaw" from USPSA's point of view or not.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read all 5 pages...but I've shot IDPA matches at a range that enforced a no muzzle above the berm rule. They'd previously had a round leave the range and land in a car on a dealer's lot. It was annoying but quite transparent. It wasn't an instant DQ, you got a warning first, only if it continued to be an issue would it go further.

i don't shoot IDPA so i have no idea if the club you are refering to is violating national IDPA rules but in thw world of USPSA what you describle is specifically prohibited. the club must get a written exception from DNROI which has only been granted on very rare occasions ...