Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2014 FNH VA/MD Section Championship will be held May 16th-18th at the Frdericksburg Rod and Gun club. We are greatfull to have FNH USA http://www.fnhusa.com as the title sponsor again this year.

The registration is online this year thank you matchsignup.org for this service. The match fee is $125 for adults and $100 for Juniors and does include a match T-shirt. No refunds after May 1st 2014. Please go to http://www.uspsavamdsection.com for the link to online registration and announcements.

This year again will be shot in 1/2 day format you can shoot Saturday AM Saturday PM or Sunday AM with 8 people max per squad. The round count will be ~220 with atleast 9 stages + chrono.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have submitted them and will post them as soon as they are approved.

On another note I will be opening up some cancelled slots as soon add I hear from a couple of people on the wait list.

• 2 weeks later...

Match actually looks pretty 6 shot friendly for the revolver guys out there, I thought it would of been a pretty clear cut decision shooting 8 shot minor for the match, but first glance at the stage diagrams leaves some decent options for 6 shot major.

looking forward to it.

I didn't see any times anywhere. What time is registration, shooters meeting, etc?

I'm sure that Scot will be along with the official information, in the mean time this is what was done in previous years:

Shooters meeting will be at 7:30am for Saturday and Sunday AM squads, and 12:30pm for the Saturday PM squads. Shooting begins at 8 AM Saturday and 8 am Sunday morning.

Registration opens Thursday afternoon for Friday shooters and staff. And will be open Friday till the Friday squads are done and we leave the range. Reopen Saturday and Sunday mornings at 7 am. I would encourage all to register on Friday if possible.

Staff should be there no later than 8 am to finalize the last minute details and finish prepping the stages. Staff briefing will start at approx. 9 AM. Shooters briefing will start at 9:30 AM. Shooting starts at 10 AM or when the match has been approved by the Range Master.

I am pleased to announce that we will be holding a shotgun side match thanks to GT Targets. The side match will be $5 a run and ammo will be provided. There will be loaner guns also available if to those that want to use them. Trust me when you see the stage you will want to shoot it...
All money goes to benefit Ava Viverette. Ava is a section clubs MD daughter that has a pulmonary disease that requires her to use a special "pulmonary vest". The cost of this vest is $16,000 and is not covered by Tricare and insurance.
We will also be selling raffle tickets for a Ruger 10/22 take down rifle $5/ticket 3/$10 and 7/$20. For more information about the raffle see Buddy Pittman at the shotgun side match or email woodjm@md.metrocast.net