Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Justified New Season

agalindo

I caught a few episodes the other night. Seemed like a marathon (must have been from last season).

It looks solid. Well done. Well written.

I might be getting a Firefly vibe from it, but I only watched a couple of episodes. ??

I am a big fan. Really looked forward to this season. First episode at least 10 people got killed. Duffy did a no sell when people got killed next to him. Serio comic deaths. It looked like they were just reprising everything that worked before all in one episode. Hope the creativity the show exhibited in the first 4 seasons survives. Hope they just don't wear out the old tricks. BEAUTIFUL women. My favorite show.

PS..."Loretta" is now too old for her part. She has......progressed, and trying to make her look as young as her character doesn't really work even though she is a great little actress

Edited by underlug

• 3 weeks later...

An awesome show that does not succumb to Network TV idea of show; shootings, killings, mob boss that act like mob, he is just a little light on the sexuality. I caught the first airing and have not missed a show since it started; TIVO and Comcast on Demand.

I am on season three.

My problem with the series is its clearly filmed in California.

Just look at the vegetation and surrounding hills. Its NOT Kentucky.

The intro credit scenes might be KY, the the rest is not.

KY could sure use a boost in the area of film-making.

To me its sort of phony with the so cal mountains in background.

Do these actors/producers have a problem with filming in KY?

BB

I am on season three.

My problem with the series is its clearly filmed in California.

Just look at the vegetation and surrounding hills. Its NOT Kentucky.

The intro credit scenes might be KY, the the rest is not.

KY could sure use a boost in the area of film-making.

To me its sort of phony with the so cal mountains in background.

Do these actors/producers have a problem with filming in KY?

BB

$

So has anybody tried to estimate his draw to first shot speed ? Obviously it's a show but in the show how fast is the draw, he's shooting from the hip or before the gun is fully up to eye level, out of a leather snapped holster, usually his thumb is over the grip and fingers over the slide, holster is at or just in front of hip. So what does that equate to for a draw time 1.0 .9 ? Faster ? Slower ?

I can't hit anything without the sights being up to eye level, and I've never shot a stage that started with hand on gun.

So has anybody tried to estimate his draw to first shot speed ? Obviously it's a show but in the show how fast is the draw, he's shooting from the hip or before the gun is fully up to eye level, out of a leather snapped holster, usually his thumb is over the grip and fingers over the slide, holster is at or just in front of hip. So what does that equate to for a draw time 1.0 .9 ? Faster ? Slower ?

I can't hit anything without the sights being up to eye level, and I've never shot a stage that started with hand on gun.

No

but Ned Nederlander was quicker

I caught a few episodes the other night. Seemed like a marathon (must have been from last season).

It looks solid. Well done. Well written.

I might be getting a Firefly vibe from it, but I only watched a couple of episodes. ??

Now that you mention it I do get that same vibe. And I love both shows. Now to get the current season on cable......

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody notice that each episode is 9 minutes of story line then 5 minutes of commercials? Rinse and repeat.

That's why I record it and zoom through the commercials!

• 1 month later...

yes, definitely an old style western mentality shot in modern day Kentucky (California). This begins with the title "justified" as in, killing is fine as long as the bad guy needed it.

Boyd is the fun one to watch, as his character progresses, IMO.

Season 6 should be good .... in the mean time Amazon is a great place to review or catch up. Season 5 isn't free to amazon prime members ... yet.