Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TOP SEAR/DISCO manufacturers

Kimbertarget

List your favorite manufacturers if you were going to replace M.I.M. Or build a 1911/2011 from frame up.

Price not being a concern but has to be available no custom machined parts.

INFINITY,CYLINDER/SLIDE,EGW,BROWN,WILSON,STI,SMITH/ALEX,

Criteria:

A)will hold tolerance after stoning/filing and repeat competiton use (trigger pull wont change -/)

B)barstock-tool steel etc.

Edited by Kimbertarget

The INFINITY tri-glide does the bearing make a difference? Never used one are they worth the money? I assume if i ran it all day and the disco gets any debris in the bearing while im competing will it still function smooth?

Cylinder and slide i hear alot of great things about but i never ran any of their parts yet, they tool steel?

The bearing in the SV sear spring does work. But the springs are a funky shape and require careful fitting (particularly at the base). The titanium doesn't bend, and if you force it, it will snap. For hammer, sear and disconnect, I use SV and EGW parts, depending on availability and customer preference. I have tried some C&S stuff and was not impressed.

Why were you not impressed with cylinder/slide,please explain because ive heard nothing but positive comments so far.

Also i was wondering about the bearing in the TRI-GLIDE DISCO by infinity. Seems a bit gimmicky or others would be doing it, IMO.

Ive used BRILEY/KINGS on my Colts and wanted to try something different in the ways of sears and discos.

I think i bought a surface hardened sear that wasnt really a WILSON because after competing twice i ended up with HAMMER FOLLOW so the sear worn prematurely. It came in a WILSON plastic baggie but i think the person hoodwinked me.

I want to buy a real deal tool steel sear and disco so when i stone for trigger job it will last.

That is why im never buying another 1911 part off ebay.

Thanks in advance for info on cylinder and slide disco and sears

So wilson BULLETPROOF is tool steel and all else is m.i.m.?

Guess its INFINITY AND EGW only for me..

Thanks

The "Value Line" hammer and sear are definitely MIM. Wilson says so on their website.

Like I said, it seems like most people building 2011 guns are using the EGW hard sear and Koenig hammer.

I went with EGW,thank you guys...just an explanation,i had hammer follow on an ebay sear that was supposed to be tool steel and it wasnt..beware of ebay parts..

Thanks again guys

If you're buying gun parts off of e-bay, you're asking for trouble. I'm guessing you've figured that out by now. :)

I went with EGW,thank you guys...just an explanation,i had hammer follow on an ebay sear that was supposed to be tool steel and it wasnt..beware of ebay parts..

Thanks again guys

If you're buying gun parts off of e-bay, you're asking for trouble. I'm guessing you've figured that out by now. :)

Its some guy who is selling "gunsmith estate sale lot" of wilson,brown and infinity parts", that thread with the old school wilson combat sights was one of the items i got and it was authentic as wel as an ed brown bushing. I only paid $10 for some good stuff, unfortunately the sear either wasnt tool steel or in wrong package. He has a current auction with alot of nice combat hammers and MSH's ,old colt walnut grips etc. for cheap..you know how it is you can never have too many spare small parts or mags or cartridges.

But yes no more putting them in my gaming 1911 ;(