Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What magwell to install for USPSA on a 9mm STI Trojan?

Red Ryder

I like the Dawson Ice magwell Gap or No Gap. It doesn't seem to make much difference on the reload to me!! But with the no gap you don't have to spend the money to buy the no gap base pads

I use Wilson EMT 9mm mags

Have a Trojan in 9mm. I like Wilson mags the best tried several others but came back to Wilson. Had to remove two coils from the magazine spring to get them to work with light main and recoil springs. Went with Ed Brown on magazine release and magazine well.

Like to pull down on the front of the mag to be sure it seated when starting a stage.

Tripp mags all the way and the Techware mag system is my favorite . I went with the TGO magwell because i liked the style but you can choose any kind of em. Plus you can have it with either a g10 VZ style grip or Alumagrip kinda thing .

http://www.techwearusa.com/product_details.asp?id=46

you won't go wrong with Tripp. They were flawless in my 9mm trojan

Tripp mags all the way and the Techware mag system is my favorite . I went with the TGO magwell because i liked the style but you can choose any kind of em. Plus you can have it with either a g10 VZ style grip or Alumagrip kinda thing .

http://www.techwearusa.com/product_details.asp?id=46

you won't go wrong with Tripp. They were flawless in my 9mm trojan

Me too.. The TGO is plenty big. The Tripps run great. I had one problem, called Tripp....Virgil answered and sent me a replacement updated follower and 2 more in case I had the same problem with any other of the mags.

For the magwell I have tried them all and like the Dawson well enough but put a SVI/Infinty on the latest gun and it's really cool. As always they build great stuff. You can find it at the sviguns.com website under new products. It is a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for from SVI.

For mags the ones that have worked the best for me are Dawson.

• 3 years later...

I prefer the SVI 1911 magwell. Have it on two 1911's. But also really like the Techwell magwell system. Also have it on two 1911's.

Both Tripp Cobra and Wilson work flawlessly in my 9mm 1911's (Trojan and PM9).

Edited by JGus