Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Mississippi Classic !

Thighs is one of the best, most creative and fun matches on the calendar, do not miss out! The party on Saturday is worth the price of admission!

Not Thighs!!!! This!!! Anyway Steve Roberts and his staff are a class act all the way!

I just finished going through the apps that arrived in the mail today (mail person now hates me even more).

Match is full...... (Could still use a few good RO's to help out, some of our regulars will not be able to make it unfortunately)

I am astonished at how quick that was. I hate we can't accommodate more shooters but hey..... I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. I'm going to talk with the hotels here in Byram this week to try to strike up a good price for our extended family coming in to town in May. Will post here when I get that info.

We'll also be sending out an email in the next couple days to all those registered. Once I get entries finalized for online squadding you will get another email telling you to 'go squad up'!! Those that sent in squad requests I will try to go ahead and put you in together.

There will be a 'wait list' constructed as well. By next week it should be ironed out so you will know what number you are on the list. Last year we had quite a few drop for one reason or another. But if the app isn't already in the mail.... chances are bleak..... :surprise:

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone again. :cheers:

See you all soon!

Thanks Brandon

Ok, all Sat/Sun competitors should have received an email letting them know that they are in. I cleared up a few email errors earlier and all have been notified.... with the exception of a few sponsored slots that I don't have email info yet. I hate that we can't get everyone in.... I truly do. I hate telling folks they didn't make it too....

Meeting with the second hotel manager next week to finalize match hotel information and will post it soon as it's finalized.

Got a few things to iron out on stages and then will finish setup in USPSA and get online squadding going.

We look forward to seeing everyone and hope you have a great time when you're here in MS with us!!

Thanks for bearing with me! I'll get you information quick as I can.

Hotel Information for everyone!

The Holiday Inn has been working to talk to other customers that have bookings that same weekend to try to free us up some more rooms. They are still trying to get some more, so the rooms there are a bit limited. Comfort Inn should be able to pick up the slack even if we don't get any more at Holiday Inn. Book em up quick!

Holiday Inn
King or 2 Queen - 89.00
King Suite - 99.00
Code is MSC or just tell em you are with MS Classic

Comfort Inn
King - 87.00
2 Queen - 96.00
Tell em your with MS Classic.

OK, just called Holiday Inn front desk and requested to make a reservation, girl transfered me to their corporate reservation desk, I provided him with code, said he did not find anything with that code and therefore could not provide me with the rate, suggested I call back tomorrow. Well I didn't like that answer so I called the local hotel back and requested they make the reservation locally which I spoke with a different girl who took my information and booked the reservation......Just FYI if you try to call and make reservations tonight don't let them transfer you to corporate, ask them to make the reservation at the local level....

Edited by DrawandDuck

Next year we will announce about a week ahead of time, when the apps will be opening up. That way there is time for everyone to get informed. For those maybe going to be out of town or unable to perch like a Vulture here on Enos, you would get a buddy to send yours in when they do or something of that nature. Sure wish we had more slots!!! I hate not being able to accommodate everyone!

On a side note.... just send final versions of stages in to USPSA for approval. Once I get that blessing, online squadding will be opened up. You'll get an email soon as I get them all uploaded.

Got the band already booked as well! More live music Saturday night!!!!

Ok.... most of you already know because my phone and email has been blowin' up.... but online squadding is now open. If you did not get an email letting you know, it is because I could not read your handwriting and got the email address wrong. :) So let me know if you need a check on your email address that is in the system. Have had a couple errors cleared up already.

Thanks and see ya'll soon!!

• 2 months later...

It's just around the corner folks!!

Our poor range is totally flooded at the moment, but should be good and dried out in plenty of time to get all the work done and have it ready for you good people.

Here's a link with some pictures: http://www.msgunowners.com/t51686-update-4-17-14-water-on-the-rise

We look forward to seeing everyone again and hope you enjoy as much as last year!!!

And heeeeeere are the stages: http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/2014/CombinedStages.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Got an e-mail from Steve last night. Surprise, surprise, a cancellation. I am in. I was going to be a spectator anyway and asked them to hold my application and Money Order just in case. I am shooter #252; I got lucky.

Got an e-mail from Steve last night. Surprise, surprise, a cancellation. I am in. I was going to be a spectator anyway and asked them to hold my application and Money Order just in case. I am shooter #252; I got lucky.

Got lucky and get to shoot the Classic. A double win for you!

Yep. My brother said, "Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while." He even named his hunting camp the Blind Hog Hunt and Fish Club. The club motto is: "I don't want to, and you can't make me."