Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HELP! Mossberg 930 Rhythm-Lifter getting stuck downward

factorysponsered

I have had my 930JM do the same thing. If i push the bolt release really hard (i think it travels to far and won't let the lifter come back down, then the bolt gets hung up on the lifter). It has only happened to me when releasing the bolt, not while shooting. I have thought about making the bolt release shorter, so this can't happen.

I have had my 930JM do the same thing. If i push the bolt release really hard (i think it travels to far and won't let the lifter come back down, then the bolt gets hung up on the lifter). It has only happened to me when releasing the bolt, not while shooting. I have thought about making the bolt release shorter, so this can't happen.

I have the opposite problem. The lifter gets caught on a hook from the bolt release. Causing me not to be able to load rounds into the tube without holding the bolt release

Have you taken the release apart before? The spring might be sideways holding the release open. PM me if you need detailed on how to get the latch out. Does it function normally other then this issue? Is the lifter centered in the magwell?

Not sure how much you've been playing with the trigger group, but if you read onto the 2nd page of the link posted above, you will come to a post regarding the exact orientation on the tubes with retaining clips that go into the trigger assembly and the pins that hold the assembly in the receiver.

As best I can make out, the clips should be on the "bolt release" side of the trigger group, and the end of the pins with the extra grooves should be on the same side to be retained by those clips.

Edited by wgj3

Have you taken the release apart before? The spring might be sideways holding the release open. PM me if you need detailed on how to get the latch out. Does it function normally other then this issue? Is the lifter centered in the magwell?

I have not done that before. I'll pm you. It functions, but loading it is a pita

Not sure how much you've been playing with the trigger group, but if you read onto the 2nd page of the link posted above, you will come to a post regarding the exact orientation on the tubes with retaining clips that go into the trigger assembly and the pins that hold the assembly in the receiver.

As best I can make out, the clips should be on the "bolt release" side of the trigger group, and the end of the pins with the extra grooves should be on the same side to be retained by those clips.

Everything is where its supposed to be. Pins, clips, etc

• 3 years later...

Has anyone found a solution to this? I recently had the same issue with mine after one season of use. If anyone has some help that would be great! It is a real pain and I'd like to fix it before duck and goose season...

• 2 weeks later...