Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac-Com super light buffer system.

kurtm

The Tac-Com super light buffer system makes a J.P. lightened carrier plus this system lighter than running a Ti carrier. I ran 200 rounds through this system today and it worked like a charm! I will be running this system from now on!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tac-Com super light buffer system makes a J.P. lightened carrier plus this system lighter than running a Ti carrier. I ran 200 rounds through this system today and it worked like a charm! I will be running this system from now on!

Can you weigh the buffer and spring? With or without the extension is fine.

Kurt, I'm surprised to see you saying something is "good to go" with only 200 rounds on it.

I have no doubts that Taccom is only going to put out good products, but that's not much of a test, is it?

Do you run an adjustable gas block? I noticed on Taccom's website it says you need to, but since I don't run adjustable gas on any rifles, I need a guinea pig.

Take care, amigo!

There isn't really a down side to running this system with a lightened steel carrier over a Ti set up.

We've done all our testing with adjustable gas systems. Using full gas is going to send your bolt back faster (and sooner) than we'd like to see. This is why we'd like to see you re-calibrate your gas system when you install our UL recoil system. It's one thing to reduce the weight of the BCG/buffer combo.....the other part of the equation is to slow that mass back down to the original 'speed' or less. This is what will make your felt recoil is less AND....it will reduce the secondary impulse.

It's not something that you'll want to run in an M16.....but if you want get that final piece of the puzzle to get back on target fast.....this is it.

An adjustable gas block really never made much of a difference....until you really lightened the BCG/buffer combo........unless you are one of those people that like to mess with the recoil springs, which I'd not recommend.

The system can be run in either a rifle buffer or carbine buffer tube.....the spacer for the rifle tube is already included in the kit.

We use a carbine recoil spring.....but you will find that it runs as smooth as the JP spring.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

Thanks for the info, I'm looking into getting this and a lightweight rubber city armory bolt carrier. Hopefully this will be the poor mans solution to going full JP on the lmos. It'd be nice but money is always tight and this looks like a sweet setup.

What did you find better performance wise than the system you were running?

I was running a J.P. light Rifle length Buffer.

Bryan, it is a spring and different buffer, not a huge change I liken it to replacing a recoil spring in a 1911, I don't need a Bunch of rounds in it.

The thing I noticed, and my son noticed was it didn't bounce around as much while shooting fast at intermediate ranges. Very evident in group size!

I was running a J.P. light Rifle length Buffer.

Bryan, it is a spring and different buffer, not a huge change I liken it to replacing a recoil spring in a 1911, I don't need a Bunch of rounds in it.

The thing I noticed, and my son noticed was it didn't bounce around as much while shooting fast at intermediate ranges. Very evident in group size!

I'm psyched to try this. With the jp light buffer and lmos carrier i'm getting doubles out of my CMC trigger. It was tough to get the bolt to lock back. Now that i have a seekins adjustable gas block the lock back issue is almost resolved but i got another double.

Hopefully this will cure what ails my gun or i'm going back to my full mass carrier

I'm psyched to try this. With the jp light buffer and lmos carrier i'm getting doubles out of my CMC trigger. It was tough to get the bolt to lock back. Now that i have a seekins adjustable gas block the lock back issue is almost resolved but i got another double.

Hopefully this will cure what ails my gun or i'm going back to my full mass carrier

DANGER, DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!!!!!

With race parts comes race responsibility, i.e. don't run 85 octane unleaded ; )

YOU NEED TO CHECK VERY CAREFULLY THAT WHAT YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ARE NOT TRIGGER RELATED DOUBLES BUT SLAM FIRES!!!

CHECK THE FIRED PRIMERS: IF SOME OF THE ONES THAT ARE ASSOCIATED W/ THE DOUBLING LOOK LIKE A LITTLE VOLCANO GROWING BACK OUT OF THE PRIMER, IT IS SLAM FIRING (ALSO WILL BEND THE SNOT OUT OF YOUR FIRING PIN RETAINING COTTER PIN).

If you unload your chambered round after shooting and the primer looks like "HOLY CR@P! Why didn't that go off?" that is also a good indication of too much firing pin mass for the system operating speed.

I run titanium firing pins in my JP rifles w/ LMOS to avoid slam firing (I did have it SOME TIMES with standard steel firing pins) and JP alludes to this issue in their owner's manuals.

ericm

Imagine how well it's gonna work with a Ti carrier!

FYI for you guys running a Ti Carrier......we've not been able to test that combo......you will defiantly want to start at ZERO gas....and go in smaller adjustments.......And actually......in our instructions (and website) we state that if you are using a Ti or Aluminum BCG that you should NOT be using this system. Jesse is testing it out, but we really have no data to back any results up.

On my CTR-02, I had the JP LMOS carrier and rifle buffer, also have a JP adjustable gas block......swapping out the buffer and spring, I was using less gas. One customer claims about 1/2 turn less, I was at about that as well.

Edited by TRUBL

Pardon my ignorance, I just run a standard chromed M16 bolt, a standard carbine buffer system, and a non-adjustable rifle length gas system on my 18" barrel. I've seen heavier and lighter systems being used. Does the light weight buffer/bcg/adj gas really reduce felt recoil that much? Would the results be similar to an open 2011 with a lightened slide?

DANGER, DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!!!!!

With race parts comes race responsibility, i.e. don't run 85 octane unleaded ; )

YOU NEED TO CHECK VERY CAREFULLY THAT WHAT YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ARE NOT TRIGGER RELATED DOUBLES BUT SLAM FIRES!!!

CHECK THE FIRED PRIMERS: IF SOME OF THE ONES THAT ARE ASSOCIATED W/ THE DOUBLING LOOK LIKE A LITTLE VOLCANO GROWING BACK OUT OF THE PRIMER, IT IS SLAM FIRING (ALSO WILL BEND THE SNOT OUT OF YOUR FIRING PIN RETAINING COTTER PIN).

If you unload your chambered round after shooting and the primer looks like "HOLY CR@P! Why didn't that go off?" that is also a good indication of too much firing pin mass for the system operating speed.

I run titanium firing pins in my JP rifles w/ LMOS to avoid slam firing (I did have it SOME TIMES with standard steel firing pins) and JP alludes to this issue in their owner's manuals.

ericm

Ahhhhhh interesting , i had thought originally it was a slam fire issue , but had gone passed that because of other people suggesting other areas to look at. Totally forgot …….. TO THE INTERNETS !