Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Membership Question

aandabooks

Front Sight Mag goes into great detail about many matches from local to nationals. They seek out members to write articles about the various matches.

Well worth more than $15 in my opinion.

really? $15?

Unless you drive a prius and carpool to matches, you are spending far far more than that in gas just getting to matches. Heck, you could live-fire practice for like 30 minutes more each year for that much.

If $15 is a real issue, I recommend you sell your guns and buy food. :devil:

I personally enjoy the magazine, and I've spent more than $15 on 2 drinks for my hot but tolerant wife several times this year.

Unless you drive a prius and carpool to matches, you are spending far far more than that in gas just getting to matches. Heck, you could live-fire practice for like 30 minutes more each year for that much.

HA - I actually drive a Prius and carpool to matches. I bought the Prius specifically because of the amount of USPSA-related driving I was doing :)

Anyhow -- get the magazine. I made the mistake of not getting it the first year, and I regretted it. I ended up having to steal a friend's copy every few months. If you are AT ALL serious about USPSA, you will enjoy the magazine.

• 5 weeks later...

I was on the fence when I joined USPSA too, but then I read a friend's Front Sight and really got a lot out of it. Being still less than a year into USPSA, it tells you what's going on in the sport. I like the section where the rules are explained. It tells the situation, the question, and then the correct answer. Very informative.