RTS 2

ogiebb

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I run a 6MOA on a 90 degree, am curious what size to buy....

I was running the same setup and went with the 6MOA, looks the same to me (i just did a side by side in the bright AZ sunshine).

I haven't look at the 3MOA.

I like it enough that I ordered another for my 38SC.

I have a DeltaPoint on my 617 steel gun. It is very nice to shoot (nice wide lens surrounded by a very narrow frame, auto brightness works well) but difficult to set up. The adjustment screws have absolutely no tactile and virtually no visual feedback. They are very tiny T5 screws and you rarely can tell if they are moving or by how much. I would say if you have an application that does not require frequent adjustment (i.e. always shooting the same load at the same distance) they are hard to beat. Otherwise not so much. So far I like my new RTS2 very much and I have another on order.

I run a 6MOA on a 90 degree, am curious what size to buy....

I was running the same setup and went with the 6MOA, looks the same to me (i just did a side by side in the bright AZ sunshine).

I haven't look at the 3MOA.

I like it enough that I ordered another for my 38SC.

Thanks for the info!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any word mount wise on comparing a delta point and a rts2? And also window size.

I use a delta point triangle for my open rifle side dot and like it quite a bit and I wouldn't mind having a little continuity in the dots but I'm not sold and haven't been able to get them side by side since I don't want to buy a rts2 just to compare

I recieved mine with the 6moa dot and cant be happier. Bright enough for the sunniest days and is so much easier to find the dot over the FF3 i had that i know the only thing keeping me for Open class was the optic. Now that i have this, im all in. Very pleased.

It mounted up just the same as the FF, I shoot a revolver and used the Allchin mount. That was the main motivation to get the 2nd series since I was able to remove the rail mount and bolt it straight to the mount plate.

I like the look of the sight for sure. I'll be watching this thread all season to see how they hold up and what time will tell. Might be my off season project next winter.

I was thinking the same thing. Will shoot my Leupold Delta Point this year and maybe get the C-more RTS2 this fall.

ordered 2 RTS2's and one failed on me, when i shoot it keeps on turning off which i heard was the same on some of the RTS1 so you would have to power back on. from what i was able to find out when the gun gets shot the contacts for the battery gets loose and causes the dot to go.

i sent mine back to Cmore and they fixed this issue within a week, happy to say ive got 600 rounds thru the gun now and its still going strong i love the minimal design compared to the slide ride.

Edited by ogiebb

Had the same thing happen to mine, it would turn off in the middle of a string

Sent it back and c-more sent me a new one

I love everything about the scope, I just hope it hold up to the abuse we put them through

And I kept my old side more set up just incase

I just converted my Steelmaster to this setuo (cheely mount). I realy like it and i seem to be able to pick the dot up faster. Probably because its lower. It is noticably lighter to me and the dot is plenty bright. I hope it holds up. Shot it in a foot of snow on a bright sunny day and dot was still easy to see. Very happy so far.....

Well add me to the "Dot went out during a Match" category. Really like the sight and was ready to buy another but after maybe 400 rnds it fails...you loose some confidence. The little metal contact tab on the bottom looks like a weak point to me...you are relying on the bent up tab to keep contact with the Batt. If it looses some tension the recoil of the gun will break the contact and the sight turns off. Guess you could bend it up some and hope for the best...might be OK if you check it once in a while.

The Deltapoint has numerous contact points on the top and sides of the batt compartment, almost impossible to break all contact. However those tiny torx screws are a PITA and the delta does wash out a-bit in the bright sunlight...RTS has a very bright dot and the window is bigger.

Guess the fall back is the Classic Cmore either upright/ or aesthetically unpleasing on its side..it does work pretty well. If there was some sort of click adjustment for wind/elevation with no locking screws that would be a big plus...I can handle the sideways thing;)

Well add me to the "Dot went out during a Match" category. Really like the sight and was ready to buy another but after maybe 400 rnds it fails...you loose some confidence. The little metal contact tab on the bottom looks like a weak point to me...you are relying on the bent up tab to keep contact with the Batt. If it looses some tension the recoil of the gun will break the contact and the sight turns off. Guess you could bend it up some and hope for the best...might be OK if you check it once in a while.

The Deltapoint has numerous contact points on the top and sides of the batt compartment, almost impossible to break all contact. However those tiny torx screws are a PITA and the delta does wash out a-bit in the bright sunlight...RTS has a very bright dot and the window is bigger.

Guess the fall back is the Classic Cmore either upright/ or aesthetically unpleasing on its side..it does work pretty well. If there was some sort of click adjustment for wind/elevation with no locking screws that would be a big plus...I can handle the sideways thing;)

And THESE are the experiences I have been waiting on. Thanks for posting!

And THESE are the experiences I have been waiting on. Thanks for posting!
Agreed, thank you!

Sure hate to hear that . . . what a shame.

I am starting out this year with the DeltPoint. In fact, my first match is tomorrow . . . BURR! I am a big fan of Torx fastners, myself. But the included wrench is not for me. I have a 10 piece screwdriver-type Torx set, from T-3 through T-20. This is what you need ;)