Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS 2

ogiebb

12 minutes ago, BeerBaron said:

Yep I did it last night. Sight turned on, remove battery, sight went off put battery back in.....sight still off.  So not v4 I guess. *Sigh.... :(

Nope, I contacted C-More directly as I have a RTS2 on order with a V4 board. They were not supposed to start shipping them until the first week in January, (that is to Canada). Not to sure if it is the same for the US though, it may have been sooner.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, teros135 said:

Another way to tell V4 - the top battery contact has 4 dimples and a finger.  The bottom contact has a finger.  And the "goes back on" feature.  

I ain't popping it out again if the tray is prone to breaking! :) I'm going to see about getting a spare.

Just now, abb1 said:

Nope, I contacted C-More directly as I have a RTS2 on order with a V4 board. They were not supposed to start shipping them until the first week in January, (that is to Canada). Not to sure if it is the same for the US though, it may have been sooner.

I bought mine from Shooters connection well before Christmas and it is apparently a V4.

9 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I bought mine from Shooters connection well before Christmas and it is apparently a V4.

Lol, us Canadians always get shafted. I have had mine on order since October with a release of Nov 30th, then December, and now January. Oh well, I am not anticipating it to arrive until March as there is a high demand right now. Can't wait until it does arrive!

Shooters Connection also does not ship to Canada (all other countries though)

Edited by abb1

16 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I ain't popping it out again if the tray is prone to breaking! :) I'm going to see about getting a spare.

Who says they're prone to breaking?  I have two, and they're not a problem at all.  Just don't be ham-handed with your tools.  

54 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Who says they're prone to breaking?  I have two, and they're not a problem at all.  Just don't be ham-handed with your tools.  

Yeah I was shit scared to take mine out based on comments but it was not hard. 

13 hours ago, teros135 said:

Some guy on this thread said to be careful. But mine kind of just jumped out when slid a small screwdriver behind it. Nonetheless this was me when I did it the first time.

On the V3 as a "fix" of dots going off while shooting CMore added a small plastic plate to the bottom of the tray to add more pressure.....if you have one of these you can EASILY break the small tab off.....CMore reps (after I broke 1 tab off and bent to the point of almost breaking another one) sent me a very small flat screwdriver and advised that you MUST put pressure downwards on the inside bottom of the tray with the screwdriver and pull straight out without putting extra pressure on the tab), they also advised you COULD take a teeny bit possibly off the bottom of the plate with fine grit sandpaper to relieve a bit of the pressure.................so IF testing to see if it's a V4 or not and you're not sure then you should be advised to take the extra caution of how the CMore factory advised me to do it (hoping this helps others from winding up in the same position as me of ruining a battery tray......or two)....possibly they have alleviated that problem on the V4 model

Edited by race1911

• 2 weeks later...

Reading all this makes me so happy i went with a deltapoint.  I dont have to worry about boards coming loose, breaking a battery tray or any of that crap.  Some people say the dots too small but that has turned out to be an advantage in my opinion.  I hope the V4 continues to work for everyone

Let's all not forget that all the noise about RTS2 problems came from previous versions, not the current version (v4).  It's fixed, and the RTS2 v4 is a fine and reliable optic, according to those who have it. 

We should support C-More, who has been a supporter of USPSA for a very long time and worked hard to take care of the glitches.  Making a small optic that fulfills all the demands of our dynamic sport can't be easy! 

1 hour ago, teros135 said:

Let's all not forget that all the noise about RTS2 problems came from previous versions, not the current version (v4).  It's fixed, and the RTS2 v4 is a fine and reliable optic, according to those who have it. 

We should support C-More, who has been a supporter of USPSA for a very long time and worked hard to take care of the glitches.  Making a small optic that fulfills all the demands of our dynamic sport can't be easy! 

It's not a reliable optic, it's newly released and doesn't have a reasonable record. Things with life expectancies in the range of many years are not reliable when they get through the first 4 weeks.

And it is easy, as shown by the bigger manufacturers that seem to have an easy time with it. CMore isn't a modern optics company, they had a hit product a gazillion years ago, have been riding it too long, and are starting to become obsolete. The RTS isnt a result of "dynamic sport demands", it's a knee jerk reaction to other folks' better products dominating market share.

I actually wonder who really makes the rts2. There's a couple other brands out there with a near identical chassis with just some small feature differences (auto brightness, different dot size etc). 

Nikko stirling for example (and I think there's one or two others, the dig Romeo 3 is similar but the nikko is near identical)

http://www.doublealpha.biz/nikko-stirling-diamond-t4 

Edited by BeerBaron

4 hours ago, BeerBaron said:

I actually wonder who really makes the rts2. There's a couple other brands out there with a near identical chassis with just some small feature differences (auto brightness, different dot size etc). 

Nikko stirling for example (and I think there's one or two others, the dig Romeo 3 is similar but the nikko is near identical)

http://www.doublealpha.biz/nikko-stirling-diamond-t4 

"Product not found".  Can't find it by searching.  Do you have more info?  (It is reportedly available on eBay, though...)

6 hours ago, JimmyBob said:

It's not a reliable optic, it's newly released and doesn't have a reasonable record. Things with life expectancies in the range of many years are not reliable when they get through the first 4 weeks.

And it is easy, as shown by the bigger manufacturers that seem to have an easy time with it. CMore isn't a modern optics company, they had a hit product a gazillion years ago, have been riding it too long, and are starting to become obsolete. The RTS isnt a result of "dynamic sport demands", it's a knee jerk reaction to other folks' better products dominating market share.

4 weeks? The new versions have been winning matches for a year or so. Cmore is a decades long sponsor and supporter of USPSA. One negative opinion by you isn't going to mean a whole lot. Especially here.

I had an issue this weekend at the Florida State match. I shot the first target and the dot turned off, pushed the buttons on the side and the dot would blink on then turn back off. After ULSC I went to safe area pulled battery tray and reinserted it and the dot came back on. Tried pulling tray out and putting it back and the dot would come right back on so its a V4 but apparently while shooting the connection was never made and the dot stayed off. It worked for the last 4 stages without issue but this does not inspire confidence it the optic.

1 hour ago, SWprotected said:

I had an issue this weekend at the Florida State match. I shot the first target and the dot turned off, pushed the buttons on the side and the dot would blink on then turn back off. After ULSC I went to safe area pulled battery tray and reinserted it and the dot came back on. Tried pulling tray out and putting it back and the dot would come right back on so its a V4 but apparently while shooting the connection was never made and the dot stayed off. It worked for the last 4 stages without issue but this does not inspire confidence it the optic.

Did you replace the battery during this sequence of events or did it just start working after messing with the battery tray?

On 22/01/2017 at 0:20 AM, teros135 said:

"Product not found".  Can't find it by searching.  Do you have more info?  (It is reportedly available on eBay, though...)

The link works for me? It's on double alphas website in the scopes section. I don't know anything further than that though. 

13 hours ago, theWacoKid said:

I had a v4 do the same as the battery died. 

The only thing about the RTS2 I don't like is no warning when the battery is dying. It just starts shutting off I think. 

I spoke with someone from Cmore yesterday and they said the dot should stay on for a short period of time if you pull the tray out, a capacitor is supposed to have enough charge to keep it on for a short period of time on the V4. My dot goes off right away if I pull the battery tray but does come back on when I put it back. I would not rule out a battery issue, which is why I put a new one in. I am trying to decide if I should send it in or not, if some knows they have a V4 and can confirm what happens when the tray is pulled it would help.

4 hours ago, SWprotected said:

I spoke with someone from Cmore yesterday and they said the dot should stay on for a short period of time if you pull the tray out, a capacitor is supposed to have enough charge to keep it on for a short period of time on the V4. My dot goes off right away if I pull the battery tray but does come back on when I put it back. I would not rule out a battery issue, which is why I put a new one in. I am trying to decide if I should send it in or not, if some knows they have a V4 and can confirm what happens when the tray is pulled it would help.

v4. When battery is pulled, dot shuts off. If reinstalled in a short period of time dot will come on with insertion of battery.