Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS 2

ogiebb

Cecil, even without the V4 board I encountered exactly 2 malfunctions of the scope in 10k+ rounds.

1k+ through it after the update with no issues.

One way I know they changed it: prior to the V4 update if you turned on the dot and then pulled the battery tray put and put it back in the dot would not automatically turn back on.

With the V4 update I do the same thing and it turns back on to the last brightness setting.

Cmore has been in the business a while and has supported the sport all the while. I believe them when they say it's fixed.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with John. We have to spend our dollars with the folks that support our sport. C-more has been there for us for over 20 years. Leupold has only recently joined us. If it weren't for the sudden popularity of multi-gun, I doubt they would even be a player.

I believe them when they say it's fixed.

Except that they said it was fixed in V1, and then V2 and then V3 and now it's fixed in V4. My DeltaPoint Pros have been 100% since day one. One of them has over 15k rounds on it now. Not to mention IMO, the DPP is superior in several areas and equal in all others.

Except that they said it was fixed in V1, and then V2 and then V3 and now it's fixed in V4. My DeltaPoint Pros have been 100% since day one. One of them has over 15k rounds on it now. Not to mention IMO, the DPP is superior in several areas and equal in all others.

Shady, are yours the 2.5 dot or the 7.5 triangle?

2.5 dot. The triangle is far too big, IMO

Correct me i am probably wrong, but what shooting the RTS2 is like fixed sights, mounts to slide, why??? I like the sight not mounted to slide but frame so sight picture is not in "recoil" but is stationary. I know it is slicing frog hairs but why?? Plus more money????

2.5 dot. The triangle is far too big, IMO

That's what I'm getting from reading here, but I wanted to verify. Thinking about changing over from the Slideride, as the elevation screw is binding up (again), and I still shoot irons (Prod/Limited) and would like to have the sight heights a bit closer to each other. Thanks.

Oh, with out a doubt the Delta Point is made with much better components, from the Glass to electronics to the body. PERIOD. The only thing is some may say the glass is smaller???? If so its such a small difference epically when they are in a side side comparison. If

The RTS-2 is fixed that's a really good thing for Cmore, but if it's not. But the Leupold is here to stay for me.

Edited by a matt

Scott,

Not dissing in Leupold at all. They are known for quality optics, 'nuff said.

All I'm saying is C-more has been the gold standard for years now. Any company can make mistakes when it comes to developing a fix for an issue, and the evidence points to them fixing all known problems with V4.

I had a Mike at Ohio state due to my dot shutting off (1 of the 2 times it happened, other in practice). If there was any doubt in my mind that my RTS2 wasn't fixed I would be buying a DPP. I might still do that if I shoot open next year.

Just putting my own opinion out there as to what I've seen and heard.

I have version 3 and for the life of me I can't get the battery tray open without breaking it!

Does anyone have an intelligent way of getting the battery tray open without breaking it?

I have version 3 and for the life of me I can't get the battery tray open without breaking it!

Does anyone have an intelligent way of getting the battery tray open without breaking it?

I have the same problem. Broke 2 of them and each time CMore charged me for a replacement tray. Not a huge deal as it was only a few bucks, but it seems like a design issue. I've had luck so far using a wide blade screwdriver pressed down deep into the slot and giving it a little twist.

Scott,

Not dissing in Leupold at all. They are known for quality optics, 'nuff said.

All I'm saying is C-more has been the gold standard for years now. Any company can make mistakes when it comes to developing a fix for an issue, and the evidence points to them fixing all known problems with V4.

I had a Mike at Ohio state due to my dot shutting off (1 of the 2 times it happened, other in practice). If there was any doubt in my mind that my RTS2 wasn't fixed I would be buying a DPP. I might still do that if I shoot open next year.

Just putting my own opinion out there as to what I've seen and heard.

I desperately wanted the RTS2 to work, and I kept trusting the "it's fixed this time" until I didn't anymore

• 1 month later...
On February 10, 2014 at 6:43 AM, rishii said:

Had the same thing happen to mine, it would turn off in the middle of a string

Sent it back and c-more sent me a new one

I love everything about the scope, I just hope it hold up to the abuse we put them through

And I kept my old side more set up just incase

Well it finally died

Sending back to c-more for repair

and I still got my old sidemore setup just in case

C-more is the gold standard?  It was the only standard, unless you wanted a Tasco or Aimpoint tube.  The adjustments were terrible.

And any company can make mistakes - 4 times?  If you don't hire electrical engineers, I guess.

• 4 months later...

...just do the "V4 test"...turn the dot on then pull the battery tray out, re-install the battery tray....if the dot is now still on then it is a V4.....the V1, V2, V3 will not leave the dot on when battery tray is pulled out and re-inserted.....be careful of the small tab on the battery tray when you remove the tray, use a very small flat blade screwdriver, push it down hard on the inside of the battery tray and pull out at the same time or the small tab may break off easily

Edited by race1911

Thanks race1911. I might have to do that  

I was hoping to avoid doing the 'pull battery' test exactly because of the fragile trays and not having any spares. I've contacted cmore about getting a couple spare trays. I was just hoping someone might know that after serial number 'xxxx' they are v4... 

Only shot a measly 180 rounds breaking in the gun, then sighting and chrono'ing it but so far I like the rts2. The proper zeroing adjustment is certainly a treat compared to my sliderides...

i also like having space for my thumb. With the 90 mount my weak hand thumb was crowded into the mount 'leg'. 

I very nearly went dpp but just couldn't cop the 2.5 dot and the triangle wasn't ideal either. Couldn't bare spending that much $ on a scope that's not 'quite right' for my preferences. 

Edited by BeerBaron