RTS 2

ogiebb

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just confirming for SWprotected that the latest V4 is doing the same as his.

I have several V4 and the dot does not stay on when you pull the battery tray.

It should come right back on when you put the tray back in.

Mine seem to Dim a little and then I replace the battery.  I have never had it turn off but I'm sure

a battery that gets really low on voltage could cause problems.  The battery should read a little over 3 volts DC.

I would change them no later than 2.5 volts.

They are so cheap I just change them sooner than later.

I know the body of a Romeo3 is not exactly the same but I wouldn't be suprised if its all the same except the external body.  i know the mounting on it is the same as the RTS2.  I just couldn't get used to the orange dot.

• 2 weeks later...

My scope shut off last match on our 7th stage. Shot the rest of the stage, went to the safe table, pulled battery tray, reinserted, pushed button and it came back on. No issues on the next stage.

Dying battery? I had it do the shutoff thing one time in practice months ago that I know for sure was battery related. It shut off and I could just poke the button to have it come back on, but it was dimmer. Change battery and all was well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

even a V4 won't stay on when you remove the battery tray. BUT when you re-insert the battery it will come straight back on at the same brightness setting you had when you pulled the battery. 

On the older versions if you pull the battery the sight turns off. When you put a battery back in the dot won't come on till you press a button and it will come on at the default brightness (which from memory is level 5 out of 10).

1-year old RTS2 went off at the end of training session. Dot switches off while hitting table with the gun. Inserting a small piece of rubber under negative polarity battery contact resolved the issue.

Edit: started switching off again. Sending it to C-more for warranty repair.

Edited by arkadi

On 1/24/2017 at 6:24 PM, mikev49 said:

I know the body of a Romeo3 is not exactly the same but I wouldn't be suprised if its all the same except the external body.  i know the mounting on it is the same as the RTS2.  I just couldn't get used to the orange dot.

The dot on the R3 is orange???

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

OK, thanks...

I have a new RTS2 (which I really like) but I want to get a couple of spare battery trays before I open mine...

I just received my V4 two weeks ago and I have opened and closed my battery case several times putting the battery in and testing it to make sure it is a V4. There is no issue opening and closing them. I just use a very fine flathead screwdriver and it just pops open. I would not be concerned with ordering extra battery trays, you will probably never need them unless you use a chisel to open it.

6 hours ago, abb1 said:

I just received my V4 two weeks ago and I have opened and closed my battery case several times putting the battery in and testing it to make sure it is a V4. There is no issue opening and closing them. I just use a very fine flathead screwdriver and it just pops open. I would not be concerned with ordering extra battery trays, you will probably never need them unless you use a chisel to open it.

Same here just got mine my only advise is to have your finger in front of it because it will literally fly out!

• 2 weeks later...

RTS2 Update: I was in the middle of a class when the point of impact changed on my open gun, hitting very low. I figured this was no big deal as my previous slide ride's would lose their zero all the time. I assumed the the lock screw came loose and I simply needed to re sight in. Put it on paper and tried walking the POI up. Scp[e ran out of elevation and the sight was still impacting about 3-4 feet low at 20 yards. Ran another 10 rounds through the gun and was promptly greeted with a glass shower. To Cmore's credit, they are are replacing the scope however I'm still frustrated with the durability and I don't have much confidence in the replacement holding up. The RTS2 was on a Fullsize FGW build with a Limcat mount, less than 5,000 rounds on the scope. Edit: this is a V4. 

RTS21.jpg

RTS2.jpg

Edited by accu9

I just unboxed the two RTS2v4s I bough a couple months ago.  One is fine.  The other has three of the four screws on the bottom protruding out of the base.  The longest one protrudes 0.005" below the edge of the sight.  The plate was no counterbored sufficiently to screw them in any further.  Given how adamant C-More is about having that sight mounted on a dead flat surface, I wonder how that got through QC.

Another thing I noticed is the mount does not fit on the pins precisely, as the Burris does.  There is quite a bit of play, so I'm going to have to rezero every thime I remove the mount.  Disappointing.

• 1 month later...

Only 1000 rounds with the RTS2 so far, but I'm very happy with the performance.

The 6MOA dot is round and as bright or low as I want it in different lighting. I like that it returns to my previous brightness by default.

And of course, the small size is the biggest plus. With a CK mount, the dot is only 1.1" over the bore centerline compared to 1.9" with my traditional C-Mores and upright mounts. Nice improvement there. It's much easier to rack the slide now without having the back of the optic in the way too.

Mine tested as a v4 and I've experienced zero issues with it (dot turning off, blinking, etc.).

Just ordered another :)