Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDm 5.25 cracked slide - fixed with a happy ending

Last_Mile2002

After 2 years and over 15K rounds, I noticed a crack in the slide running on the breech face from the firing pin hole down to a lower corner. I was bummed. The 5.25 is my competition gun and I run reloads through it, so I though I would be on my own to replace the slide. Since I bought most of my parts from Springer Precision, I emailed them on Saturday and asked for a cost estimate to replace my slide and transfer my modified parts off the old slide on to a new slide. (Dawson fiber optic front sight, Springer metal cocked indicator guide, polished striker, heavy duty striker roll pin, etc.) I was thinking this would cost me hundreds of dollars.

Well, a day later I got an email from Scott Springer saying send my slide back to the Springfield Armory custom shop for examination. Monday after work I sent the slide back to Springfield via 2nd day UPS. Springfield got my slide Thursday morning and turned it around for the Thursday afternoon UPS pickup! The slide only spent 10 days out of my hands.

Springfield didn't fix my slide, they replaced it. They took off all of my after market parts and put them on a brand new slide. Talk about customer service.

My thanks go out to Scott Springer for the extra step and facilitating the return of my slide to Springfield with a specific person at Springfield waiting for my slide. Springfield also has to be commended for their outstanding and speedy turnaround of my slide. With the XDs RMAs going on, I was anticipating a 3 -4 week period and perhaps a credit card charge. Throughout this episode all of my expectations were exceeded.