sperman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shot this one last weekend. Shot it clean, 80 points in a slow 9.76 in Production. HF 8.1967

Another competitor shot it 16 points down, 64 points in a blazing 6.07 in Production. HF 10.3728

In retrospect, this classifier has a high hit factor and is really more about speed than points. I watched this competitor practicing in the safe area loading empty mags into his gun. He found the fastest way to get started. I later watched his video, and it was impressive. I attacked it the wrong way, I loaded too deliberately, and focused too hard on the the A zone. If I were to shoot this again, I would load my gun a little differently and lean on speed more than A's. Unfortunate, as that strategy shouldn't ever prevail, but such is high HF stages in USPSA. I am anxious to shoot it the other way and see what I can do to change the math. I almost feel guilty chasing it that way, but curiosity is getting the better of me.

As I look at the math, I need to either keep the points and gain almost 2 seconds. I can gain at least a second on the initial load, and speed up the transitions and splits a little, so it is doable for me at a 10 HF. I cannot wait to see what the high HF is on this one.

Edited by fomeister

I shot 13-05 Tick Tock last weekend at a local match. Revolver class. This will be a give-me after Feb. when the new Revolver rules come into effect. Now it is shoot 6 reload shoot 2 reload shoot 6 reload shoot 2.

8 shot guns will only have 1 reload instead of the 3 that is required now with 6 shot guns.
I shot it in 15.98 with 72 points for a hit factor of 4.5056.

• 2 weeks later...

A few clubs ran this before the last update. Wi16, for example. Check the stage results, cross reference the HF with classifier record of the person that it shot it, and there ya have it.

Edited by Racer377

A few clubs ran this before the last update. Wi16, for example. Check the stage results, cross reference the HF with classifier record of the person that it shot it, and there ya have it.

Ahhh so you have to know someone that shot it before the last update and got a %. I got it... jus don't know anyone. ;) If that is the case it should be easy to post the 100% HF.

Edited by lugnut

I shot this at our club match any idea what % a HF of 6.7616 is??? Im trying to get classified in L10. This my thirdmatch in L10. first two were, 35.4891% and 68.5695%. I had a screw up on the first one but I hoping for "B" when I shoot a few more to get classed.

• 3 weeks later...

OK- I see Production HHF (100%) is: 8.9372ish

Seems like it might be a low HHF.

I shot an ok run, not blazing fast with a 7.67 a month ago but it didn't go in yet.

I’m beginning to wonder if the percentages that are starting to come back on this one are inflated. I got an 80% on it with a production HF of 7.2239. That is 10% above any classifier I have ever shot in any division I am classified in. I’m wondering if this one hasn’t been shot enough to return statistically significant data…

I’m beginning to wonder if the percentages that are starting to come back on this one are inflated. I got an 80% on it with a production HF of 7.2239. That is 10% above any classifier I have ever shot in any division I am classified in. I’m wondering if this one hasn’t been shot enough to return statistically significant data…

I think you are correct. The HHF only goes one way... and that's up. We'll see if this one gets adjusted at some point.

I shot 13-05 Tick Tock last weekend at a local match. Revolver class. This will be a give-me after Feb. when the new Revolver rules come into effect. Now it is shoot 6 reload shoot 2 reload shoot 6 reload shoot 2.

8 shot guns will only have 1 reload instead of the 3 that is required now with 6 shot guns.

I shot it in 15.98 with 72 points for a hit factor of 4.5056.

This came in at 100% HHF looks to be 4.434 for revolver.(as per nationals)

When they shot it at nationals from what I have heard the targets were farther away but the side targets were wide open instead of partially covered by the No-shoot. Why would they change this?????

I don't know how long it will take to adjust this after the Revolver rule change but any decent high C revolver shooter will be able to score 100 % on this one with a 8 shot gun, until they adjust it. After they adjust it a shooter shooting a 6 shot gun will be screwed with the new high hit factor.

Edited by Bosshoss

One of the topics for the USPSA BOD meeting over the past weekend was revolver classifiers. I don't know the specifics but it will be interesting to read the minutes from the meeting to see what was actually discussed. I don't seem them coming out with 6- and 8- shot classifiers so they'll probably have to do some sort of adjustment for those shooting 6 versus those shooting 8 but how would they know. You can't assume (well you could but we all know what happens when you do that) that if the person shot it minor then they were using 8 shot but that's not always the case. I shot my first revolver match this year minor with a 6-shot Model 10.

They could be returning statistically significant results without having a representative sample.

I shot this with 66 points in 12.30, nothing to write home about, HF 5.365.

There is another new 13 series classifier that I shot with a HF of 9 or so. I suspect that it will get thrown out, but considering I bobbled the reload and still ran it that fast, I also suspect that the HHF for it, which I've heard it something like 11, is too low.

New classifiers need to add movement or something, not try to push the hit factors so high that we're classifying people based on fraction of a second. If they don't sort these out our classification system is going to be a mess as we can't just go back and adjust.

At least from a Production standpoint, this is definitely an easy classifier to get a high percentage on. I'm curious, if the high hit factor gets adjusted, do those classifiers already posted get changed according to the new high hit factor? I'm guessing not.

just went and looked at my score from shooting this back in November

11/10/13 13-05 SILVER CREEK CONSERVATION CLUB Y 100.0000 12/11/13

Match Name: SCCCNovember2013 Match Date: 11/10/13 Results Uploaded: 11/11/13 - 9:05 PM Host Club SILVER CREEK CONSERVATION CLUB (IN23) Organization: USPSA Additional Info: Show Stage Profiles

Stage 1 - Tick-Tock- Pistol - Limited Classifier 13-05

1 JT Cottrell L2588 A 74 0 7.85 9.4268 80.0000 100.00%

2 Jake Martens A52987 M 74 0 7.96 9.2965 78.8942 98.62%

of course from 2012 L10 Nationals

49 JACOB MARTENS A52987 A 64 0 11.31 5.6587 45.9082

57.39%

Edited by JakeMartens