Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading:300 Winchester MAGNUM for Remington 700 BOLT GUN

davester00

My experince. I've reloaded for 5 years on a 550 and 1050. 9mm, .45 ACP, .223 and .308

Not new to reloading, but new to shooting and reloading on RCBS Rockchucker supream kit for 300 Win MAG BOLT GUN.

I will be mainly starting with once fired brass and I have most of the components and equipment to reload.

Component (limited to what is avalible so these componets are mediocore at best)

Wolf Large Rifle MAGNUM primers

Federal "FC12" once fired .300 Win MAGNUM brass

Hornady 208grn A-max bullets

Alliant Power Pro 4000 MR powder

As they say "I just want to crank out some real precision 300 Winchester MAGNUM, you know." and don't mind taking my time to get the best rounds my componets can make.

So, what are some of the steps you guys take prepare your brass to make high precision rounds for a BOLT GUN?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by davester00

I full length size to start then neck size after 1st shots. I use the rcbs precision mic set for 223 and 308. I also have the lyman case prep center and redding case trimmer. I also have the hornady bullet attachment for my caliper. It measures from the ogive for bullet jump. Then I take my time. Heck I even load on my 550 but size using a single stage.