Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MKA 1919 XN vs BR-99

LoganbillJ

Good to hear you had better luck with the BR99 than we did.

Our experience is the 10 rd mags are tight in the magwell of the br99. They will not drop free.

The polymer over-mold is shifted slightly upward causing the mag catch to not engage properly. The catch hole can be easily filed and moved up slightly to engage the catch properly. Picture attached shows where to file. :cheers:

post-49143-0-85014100-1394487158_thumb.j

Edited by LoganbillJ

The relationship between the mag, or top of shell and the bolt is critical.

Many bolts have a large radius on the finger that strips the round from the mag.

It is common for those to fail to completely strip the round and skip over the round, this produces a jam where the round is partialy in the mag and the chamber.

it locks the mag in the gun and makes you rip it out leaving the shell captured by the bolt.

Its the worst jam the gun can have during a match.

If you file the mag catch slot in the mag, you just make this problem worse.

Its the easy way to go...but not the right way to go.

Remove plastic from the top of the mag allowing it to enter the magwell all the way.

If you have the above mentioned malf.....spread the feed lips to allow the shells to rise higher in the mag.

Jim

Jim is correct, if you do file the catch you may need to adjust the feed lips to ensure reliable feeding.

ETA: Checking every new mag for the problem Jim described above is a good idea regardless of whether or not modifications have been done.

Edited by LoganbillJ

• 9 months later...

Nice. You can have your Bora BR99 for $400-500. I have to pay 1090 euros for it which is aprox $1300. :(

I just ordered mine + 6 10rd metal magazines. SG will arrive Jan-Feb.

Same gun in England will cost 630 euros.

I hope the gun works so I can forget my Molot Vepr (malfunction factory) on the closet. :)

• 1 year later...