Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baby Eagle II Mods & Parts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I clipped my firing pin spring but not too short cuz length is important. If too short the firing pin will get stuck in the hole in the breech face.Then I chucked a round diamond file in a drill and honed out the inside of the firing pin spring. It works well for me.

I suggest you start with a CZ TS extra long FP so you can use the CGW reduced power firing pin spring, I still haven't found a good spring for my pin.

is that a drop in part for the BE or machining will still be involved?

I have one that you can check out....

Mick

anybody here have a witness match w/ adjustable sights that look like Novaks?. i want to see what the width of the rear sight cut is.

i wanted an adjustable sight and found the LPA TR sight but it sits waaay tooo high on the slide, i was hoping to find a lower profile adj rear sight...

anybody here have a witness match w/ adjustable sights that look like Novaks?. i want to see what the width of the rear sight cut is.

i wanted an adjustable sight and found the LPA TR sight but it sits waaay tooo high on the slide, i was hoping to find a lower profile adj rear sight...

I measured my Match and Poly BEII this morning and the cut looks to be the same ~11.75mm.

I have a Match rear I'll trade for your fixed.

Definitely not drop in, but I don't believe there is a drop in option at this point except maybe a trimmed down Jericho .45 pin (if someone has one laying around I'd be happy to try it out for you :devil:).

Another option I have tried successfully is reducing the thickness of the firing pin retainer plate where the hammer contacts the firing pin.

im trying to see if i can order Jericho competition parts overseas hopefully i can get some soon.

Your best bet is Tanfo or EAA Witness parts. I've searched high and low for years overseas and I did not find anything. Stock parts is no problem. I've found old catalogs here in the Philippines but the actual parts like factory comps and delta hammers have been impossible to find. Good luck in your search and let us know if you find anything.

I have one that you can check out....

Mick

HI Mick,

Bring it on Sunday and ill bring caliper..Thanks Bud

Definitely not drop in, but I don't believe there is a drop in option at this point except maybe a trimmed down Jericho .45 pin (if someone has one laying around I'd be happy to try it out for you :devil:).

NO GO on the 45acp firing pin as its a compact same firing pin , is there a full size 45acp?

Edited by ogiebb

The .45 I had was a "semi compact" with a full sized grip and 4" barrel, but it was still a large frame. As far as my experience shows, large frame firing pins are 2.59" and small frame firing pins are 2.45" regardless of frame size or barrel length. A large frame BE FP should be 2.59 with a V notch on top. Whether the V notch is in the right place is another question. I used a large frame Tanfo pin and cut my own notch, cut had to weld it up and try again when it didn't hold the PF far enough back in the breech face (hit the decocker and it went BOOM! :surprise: )

Edited by kneelingatlas

The .45 I had was a "semi compact" with a full sized grip and 4" barrel, but it was still a large frame. As far as my experience shows, large frame firing pins are 2.59" and small frame firing pins are 2.45" regardless of frame size or barrel length. A large frame BE FP should be 2.59 with a V notch on top. Whether the V notch is in the right place is another question. I used a large frame Tanfo pin and cut my own notch, cut had to weld it up and try again when it didn't hold the PF far enough back in the breech face (hit the decocker and it went BOOM! :surprise: )

i was thinking the same thing but the firing pin on the 45acp i took out as was exactly the same lenght as the 9mm.. which was odd :surprise:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok came back from the range and got 2 light strikes w/ the 11.5 CZ hammer spring this was w/ Federal Primer loads.. cut 2 more coils off the firing pin spring (FP still not yet stuck in FP hole) and put an uncut 13lb hammer spring. and it works great DA trigger pull was 6 SA 2.5 from my trigger pull gauge... it would be nice if someone made an extended FP for this gun....

dream gun would be if they made this a 5" barrel, frame mounted safety, and Bomar style rear.

I contacted Magnum Research today and they are working on the paperwork with USPSA to add the baby eagle II with proper weight to the list. The weight USPSA has now is 38.5oz. Magnum research lists BE II as 38.6. Mine weighs 40.9 with empty magazine. The weight USPSA has is without magazine. Magnum research is working to correct this.

Here is my spring set up:

13lb hammer spring (Federal Primers Only)

8lb wolf recoil spring (tanfoglio)

Cajun gun works TRS

Henning light plunger spring (or comparable pen spring )

stock FPB spring

cut up stock FP spring (8 coils now but still not sticking , your results might vary)

not sure if i forgot anything...

What total spring setup has anyone come up with. It would be nice to condense a setup to compare and learn from.

I am still working one mine. I would like to be able to use cci primers because they are easier to get.

you might need a 15lb uncut spring for CCI.. my 13lb cut hammer spring gave me a few light strikes using federal primers i now am using uncut 13lb spring from wolfe..

I suggest you start with a CZ TS extra long FP so you can use the CGW reduced power firing pin spring, I still haven't found a good spring for my pin.

Suggestion retracted: the FP channel is a different depth so the short springs won't work.

yeah i was about to email you on that :)