Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baby Eagle II Mods & Parts

the other threads were waaay back in 2003.. after shooting a Baby Eagle II this weekend ive decided to build a nice BE II, here are the parts i decided to use.

Baby Eagle II full size w/ 4.5 barrel

Hogue Aluminum Grip

Dawson Front Sight (Custom w/ .100 W Fiber)

LPA Adjustable Rear sight

8lb EAA recoil spring

13lb CZ Hammer spring

Cajun light Trigger return spring

Henning light plunger spring

ive done a few Tanfo and CZ triggers and they came out nice . im assuming these will almost be the same polishing cleaning up.

Edited by ogiebb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds awesome. Keep us updated on the build. I've also got an all stock Baby Eagle II 9mm with the 4.52" barrel that I've had for some years now. I don't use it in competition, but it's a darn solid gun that is a tack driver.

It's all fun and games till someone has to shoot minor. :devil::devil: Sweet looking pistol bro'. (FB)

I know bro.. i have always liked the way they looked but was turned off about their sights and the old Jericho frame.. now that its beefier because of the rails it should not have the same cracked dustcovers/frame anymore... i just need to find out how tall a front sight i should need. using this rear sight

http://www.lpasights.com/en/products?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=144&category_id=43

Edited by ogiebb

Opened up the BE II today and looked at internals, they are identical to the Tanfoglio parts I have including trigger and other internals. the inside of the frame actually looks better than my Tanfoglio stock 2 and 3's

IMG_1921_zps22adcb99.jpg

IMG_1922_zps5e1c50af.jpg

polished up the plunger , trigger bar and other internals , changed the sear spring to a CZ, used a 13lb wolf hammer spring, hennings light plunger spring.

IMG_1927_zpsacfd7b1d.jpg

Edited by ogiebb

no need to clean up the well area it is huge.. right is the well area from a CZ Shadow

IMG_1931_zpsd035d19f.jpg

end result of polishing/ cleaning up of parts and changing springs was around 5.5-6lb DA and 2.5 SA

IMG_1928_zps18b7c30a.jpg

IMG_1929_zps2eae2669.jpg

I will shoot it on Saturday and see if I get any light hits w/ the 13lb spring if so ill bump it up to 15lbs.. also decided to keep the rear sight and just order a Dawson Fiber optic to match the stock rear...

will post more results....

I used it get light hits with the 13# hammer spring. I switched to a 15# minus 3 coils and I clipped the firing pin spring and use Federal primers. Problem solved. Double action is 6ish # and single action is about 2.5 #

Edited by hal1955

also ordered a front sight from Dawson ...

my factory rear sight has a .135 notch so i would probably get a .110W fiber optic front sight

factory front sight is .125W and .120H a bunch of folks are saying they are shooting 6 inches hign

so for now ill try out a .130H...

Edited by ogiebb

My Jericho runs great with an 11.5# spring and Win/CCI primers.

Yes but didnt you have a xl firing in there as well from a large frame?.. that would be a good upgrade when i get a chance to just some stuff done..

im trying to get a drop in XL firing pin and a Jericho grips (looks like CZ UB grips) made

Edited by ogiebb

Yes but didnt you have a xl firing in there as well from a large frame.. that would be a good upgrade when i get a chance..

im trying to get a drop in XL firing pin and a Jericho grips (looks like CZ UB grips) made

I did, but no one makes a reduced power firing pin spring so I'm thinking about using a TS extended pin and machining the notch for the decocker into it so I can used a RP FP spring from CGW.

Yes but didnt you have a xl firing in there as well from a large frame.. that would be a good upgrade when i get a chance..

I did, but no one makes a reduced power firing pin spring so I'm thinking about using a TS extended pin and machining the notch for the decocker into it so I can used a RP FP spring from CGW.

i just ordered an RP FP spring from CGW lets see if it works, if not ill probably just trim a Wolf FP spring like i did w/ some of my Tanfo's

for the plunger spring the lightest and most reliable ive found was from the Bic spring ballpens

grips for now will be the aluminum hogue checkered grips..i will shoot the gun on saturday to see what height i need for the fiber optic front.. if you got more tips pls let me know im really liking these pistols.

Edited by ogiebb

anybody here have a witness match w/ adjustable sights that look like Novaks?. i want to see what the width of the rear sight cut is.

i wanted an adjustable sight and found the LPA TR sight but it sits waaay tooo high on the slide, i was hoping to find a lower profile adj rear sight...

I take it the grip on this gun is larger than the CZ Shadow? That's the only thing I don't like about the Shadow, and I'd be interested in something with similar performance with a bigger grip (similar in size to my Tanfoglio Match)...

got back from the range...checked the zero and see where im hitting w/ the factory sights I was hitting dead zero at 15yrds

factor front sight is .120 H and .125 W ...im a fan of fiber optic front sights so im having a custom .110w and .120h front sight made that should be skinny enough as the rear notch is .135...

had a few light strikes w/ the 13lb hammer spring (cut 2 coils).. for now I will use a 13lb hammer spring uncut if I still get some light strikes I will try a 15lb. I might have to modify a tanfoglio firing pin as well

Edited by ogiebb