Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am wondering if anyone has any other ways of mounting their go pro for filming your shooting, I have the head strap but have heard of people mounting to their bands on their muffs but don't know what mount they would be using, any help or other ideas would be greatly appreciated - Thanks Brad

They have a new "QuickClip" that attaches directly to your hat. I use the headstrap and like it. You could attach to ear protection with any of the self sticking tabs but I suspect that it would add height to your camera.

Hey Thanks guys for the ideas, I will be looking for the new quick clip mount and I like the idea of drilling one out for zip ties ( wish I would have thought of that ) but that is why I thought I would ask here, somebody has always thought of another way to do things - Thanks again -

Zip ties? I drilled a couple of holes in a Contour mount and zipped it to my NVG mount on my kevlar. It works like a champ.

You should be able to do the same to the top portion of your muffs.

I did something similar. Drilled a couple of holes in the headband mount that it came with and used the mounting screws from the rail sections to attach it to my moe handguard. Of course that only covers filming my rifle.

Hey Thanks guys for the ideas, I will be looking for the new quick clip mount and I like the idea of drilling one out for zip ties ( wish I would have thought of that ) but that is why I thought I would ask here, somebody has always thought of another way to do things - Thanks again -

You can use the plastic mount that it came mounted to in the original box. The square plactic one. Just trim it to the size you need then drill and zip.

My son mounted our go pro to the right side of his rifle (it stuck right on the magazine well).......holds really well so far.

I will say however.....he is shooting Ruger Rimfire....not 3 gun. Turning out some good video though.

Tim

I have screwed around with this quite a bit and the best shots we got came from the head strap. I did a muff mount and it was very shakey from movement and long gun recoil. It also transmits a ton of negative sound to the mic. I highly recommend running it concurrent with a smartphone or hand cam. This gives you two angles and a much better soundtrack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Chest strap would work great with something like skiing, but I don't think so with rifle/pistol, or any activity that covers the center of your body. I also concur with head mount. This might work well:

http://shop.gopro.com/mounts/head-strap-plus-quickclip/ACHOM-001.html#/start=1

Make sure you get it on tight though, or else it will shake like crazy and your viewers will get dizzy if it's bad.

Got a GoPro tripod mount, drilled a hole in my hat visor, found some tripod sized screws at the hardware store, and now have a great method to securely hold the GoPro on my hat. I got the idea from a guy at Nationals a few years ago and it has worked ever since.

Sent from the range