Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Liveshots @ STI Back to Back Handgun Nationals

BritinUSA

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the offending swinger, the setup had survived for 1.5 days at the Open Nationals, with misses being applied if any competitor missed the target. Only when one competitor had 2 misses on the swinger was the setup challenged.

post-293-0-54472200-1380424793_thumb.jpe

The swinger (at rest) did not expose the highest scoring area.

It was a shame as it was a fun stage to watch and it of course invalidated all the hard work that the range crew has done for the past 1.5 days.

The barrels were placed there as the fence in front of the swinger is metal and this would protect from ricochets etc. but it inadvertently concealed the swinger's A-zone when at rest.

Edited by BritinUSA

Can someone let me know why the "Shooting USA" cameras get to constantly cut in front of Paul?

I would like to see which gets more viewers - all the videos posted to liveshots.net, or the 40 seconds of footage "Shooting USA" uses when they release the USPSA Nationals episode sometime next July.

Did the WSB specifically say the the swinger was visible at rest?

I don't know what the official WSB states but the match booklet indicates that both swingers are visible at rest. The WSB may be different, I have no way to find out.

If it wasn't specifically listed as a disappearing target, then it has to be visible at rest. (Well, at least either all of the upper A-zone, or a specific percentage of the lower one.) If that much wasn't visible at rest, then ROs can't call any penalty mikes on it. And if they HAD been calling penalty mikes on it all match...then it isn't legal.

(People would have shot it very differently if it was a disappearing target.)

I guess Glocks Rock :devil:

I don't know if the results are final but it will be funny of KC ends up on top.

he apparently might have. throwing out stage 6 cost max the match.

Looks like they updated the scores and STIs still rule.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=9534&division=Open&guntype=Pistol

I guess Glocks Rock :devil:

I don't know if the results are final but it will be funny of KC ends up on top.

he apparently might have. throwing out stage 6 cost max the match.

Looks like they updated the scores and STIs still rule.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=9534&division=Open&guntype=Pistol

You mean Sig's......right? :devil:

This is the offending swinger, the setup had survived for 1.5 days at the Open Nationals, with misses being applied if any competitor missed the target. Only when one competitor had 2 misses on the swinger was the setup challenged.

attachicon.gifDSC03309.jpeg

The swinger (at rest) did not expose the highest scoring area.

It was a shame as it was a fun stage to watch and it of course invalidated all the hard work that the range crew has done for the past 1.5 days.

The barrels were placed there as the fence in front of the swinger is metal and this would protect from ricochets etc. but it inadvertently concealed the swinger's A-zone when at rest.

Was this moved for the Open/L10 match, or was it the same for the Limited match and no one caught it?