Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats your 223 Pet Load for 3 gun

dtuns

Short range load

55 grain Hornady FMJ's 25.3 grains of H335 CCI small rifle primers

Long range load

77 grain Sierra SMK 22.3 grains of Vitavory N135 Federal Match primers.

Pat

Wow. My 23.5gr of H335 must be weak. What kind of speed are you getting with 25.3?

Short range load

55 grain Hornady FMJ's 25.3 grains of H335 CCI small rifle primers

Long range load

77 grain Sierra SMK 22.3 grains of Vitavory N135 Federal Match primers.

Pat

Wow. My 23.5gr of H335 must be weak. What kind of speed are you getting with 25.3?

About 2900 fps to 3000 fps depending on the gun.

Pat

52-55 gr Hornady, (either A-max, HPBT, or FMJ-BT, whatever I can get my hands on!)

24.5 H335

CCI-SRP

2.230 OAL

For long range:

75 gr Hornady HPBT

23.5 Varget

CCI-SRP

2.25 OAL

Shoots GREAT but Varget is a pain to work with in any quantity, so I'm saving my stash for later.

55gr FMJ (any brand) / 20grs Accurate 2200 / 2970fps / 2.2 OAL

Just need the 55gr pill to punch paper and ring steel, so if it hits where I'm pointing, I'm good to go.

Currently tinkering with a 75gr Prvi Partizan Match bullet using the same 20grs of powder. Havent tested it yet. But this will be my long range load and spinner round. Lots of the local guys are swearing the heavier round gets the spinner over faster.

55gr FMJ (any brand) / 20grs Accurate 2200 / 2970fps / 2.2 OAL

Just need the 55gr pill to punch paper and ring steel, so if it hits where I'm pointing, I'm good to go.

Currently tinkering with a 75gr Prvi Partizan Match bullet using the same 20grs of powder. Havent tested it yet. But this will be my long range load and spinner round. Lots of the local guys are swearing the heavier round gets the spinner over faster.

It does. I can spin my spinner easily with 77 grain loads but its very hard with my 55 grain load. Its all about power factor.

55 grain bullet at 3000 fps has a power factor of 165 while a 77 grain load at 2600 has a power factor of 200.

• 2 weeks later...