Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Narrower front sight for a Shadow

cz75ipsc

Hey

I just got a new SP-01. I'm loving the gun, except for the "crowded" sight picture. I'd like the front sight to be narrower and have a smaller fiber optic rod. I'm pretty much happy with the rear sight, but wouldn't mind changing that as well if need be. What sights do you recommend? I have next to zero gunsmithing skills, so I'd like it to be as "drop in" as possible. Thanks!

There are a ton of sight options on the CZ Custom web site. Installing a new sights involves knocking out the roll pin, pushing out the sight, sliding in the new one, drilling the hole for the roll pin, and whacking the pin back into place. You can re-use the roll pin if you're careful.

For a couple extra bucks you can get the correct size punch and drill bit along with the sight.

The installation is really easy. If you can drill a hole, then you can do it.

Check out Dawson Precision.

Great sights and they drop right in for me.

What alma said. You may want to call them, rather than just go by what's listed on their website. Ask them what thicknesses they currently have available. I bought a .090" plain blade(w/o fiber optic) from them a couple of years ago. Love it! Haven't looked back. Andreas is right, CZ Custom does have a lot of options. I just found that Dawson had the thinnest available, and that was a better option for me.

I replaced mine with; DP .175 tall, .100 width, FO size .060. It's drop-in with no drilling. It has a set screw to hold the sight in place, make sure to use loctite.

Remember the bushing is retained by front sight pin.

I replaced mine with; DP .175 tall, .100 width, FO size .060. It's drop-in with no drilling. It has a set screw to hold the sight in place, make sure to use loctite.

Remember the bushing is retained by front sight pin.

yes, still need to use the pin together with set screw to keep it from moving...thank you...

• 2 weeks later...