Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

Nealio brought up the idea of a place for us mad scientists to find parts for our beloved pistols, so this is it:

The Chop Shop

This is the thread to show off your new project, get technical info and ask for help.

Edited by kneelingatlas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is probably the jewel of my stable:

IMG_20130720_213431_804-1_zps5e438cab.jp

Hunter frame, 9x19 Gold Team conversion, Cheely C More mount, Henning mag well, Henning Trigger (although I've since put that trigger on my Match) Huening Roller plunger and Tanfoglio heart-shaped race hammer.

In L10 trim with the .45 Hunter Upper:

IMG_20130817_175516_649-1_zpsd8e75857.jp

I also have a 6" 9mm barrel which I haven't dreamt up a project for yet... I'm thinking of cutting it and threading it .540" X 40 and installing a Brazos ThunderComp II on the Gold Team slide:

BCGTC2B.jpg

I am working on a stock 3 compensated along with tuning up the trigger and adding a magwell. I tried a few weeks back to get a hunter top end but they called back saying they couldn't get me the slide. I had visions of a longslide two 10mm blaster with tirjicon rmr riding the slide.

All my other post are to pick your guys brains and work out my problems. So here is just some eye candy of my baby, I've been building this for sometime and still lots to do.

EAA Witness frame (modifided trigger guard and bever tail, Dlask SA trigger, Tanfoglio hammer, slide stop pin, extended mag catch), Springfield P9 LSP .40 slide with cone comp installed. All parts for the frame and slide have been smoothed out and polished. I would like to get a limited safety and have a small magwell installed as well I plan to have the gun completely recoated to match slide and frame. I will to be buying a red dot and mount soon but I still don't know what I want to get, probably a Cmore RTS.

20130831_141643.jpg

20130831_141609.jpg

20130831_141510.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

I am working on a stock 3 compensated along with tuning up the trigger and adding a magwell. I tried a few weeks back to get a hunter top end but they called back saying they couldn't get me the slide. I had visions of a longslide two 10mm blaster with tirjicon rmr riding the slide.

Dugiv, is your Stock III large framed?!?

You're outside the US right? The only Stock IIIs I've heard of stateside are small framed, ergo not convert able to 10mm, 45 or 38super.

Evan, are the holes in your frame 25mm on center? if so I may have an optic setup for you

No there more around 35.56mm/1.4" hole center to hole center. I've had a tough time finding a scope mount that works on my setup using the pre drilled holes. I know Cmore makes a sight mount for the frame but cany tellfor sure if the holes do

On another note do you have any experience using a Stock 3 small frame. 40 guild rod in place of a P9 .40 LSP small frame guild rod. I would like to swap one in for this build. There lenght and diameter are the same the Stock 3 one just has the slimmed out design. Here's a pic for reference, my thought is that it will work fine.

20130901_211328.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

It'll work fine if you can get it in place.

Swaps in the slide fine using the same spring.

I wouldn't mind a thumb rest like on your frame, both those setups look awsome man. I think it will really help with a consistant grip.

Cheers,

Evan

It'll work fine if you can get it in place.

Swaps in the slide fine using the same spring.

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

Dugiv, is your Stock III large framed?!?

You're outside the US right? The only Stock IIIs I've heard of stateside are small framed, ergo not convert able to 10mm, 45 or 38super.

Actually im in the USA, Pennsylvania to be exact. I can assure you its larged frame 10mm. I use the same mags as my witness elite match. I bought it from wholesale hunter after it was listed on their sight for only a few hours. Took 3 weeks to get to my FFL.

I wish these parts were more available and we could buy frames and have access to the whole library of Tanfoglio parts rather than begging with the garage operation that is EAA. Anyone wouldnt happen to have an extra 6 inch slide they be willing to part with?

Edited by Dugiv

I"m looking to get a Hunter 10mm top end, then put a 9mm barrel in it for the ultimate 9mm blaster...

I'm thinking of something similar, but with a 9mm longslide slide, a six inch barrel and a blank comp with a front sight cut into it like the old Hunter except with a longer dust cover:

411546081.jpg

The Hunter uses the same recoil system as the longslide so the only difference in recoil impulse would be less reciprocating mass, plus a stationary front sight. You could then re shape the comp as needed to reduce weight at the nose if you so choose.

I'm already itching to try out the sight tracker concept with my TS with an SP01 slide and my small frame Witness with a compact slide. Just what I need right? three 9mm sight trackers in different barrel lengths: 4.1", 5.1" and 6" :eatdrink: