Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Pro Comp .40

AznDragon533

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people using 10mm mags vs 40S&W mags?

To run longer ammo in SS frames.

Feed better, 40s&w rounds at factory length in a 1911/2011 can have trouble feeding, taking the out to longer length helps this

I load 1.18oal for my limited gun, I know guys going out to 1.22

What are the benefits of longer ammo? Better loading for power factor?

I'll chime in, we shot the new Para's at a sales meeting back in April 2013 with TT and a couple of Para factory guys (plus an FGI VP and his ammo). All the Para's were superb 1911's with excellent fit and finish. The new Para facility in North Carolina houses a dedicated crew working hard to put out excellent made in the USA firearms. The base model Experts are plentiful at retail and the mid line Pro and Black Ops are relatively easy to obtian. The Pro Custom double stacks can be had as well.

Plus, TT was a great instructor... Several of our sales people (most of whom are occassional plinkers at best) commented that they learned more about how to hold and shoot a pistol from his brief presentation than dozens of demos by other firearm manufacturer. TT set the bar very high.

Mark is spot on. I was talking over a build sheet for a single stack .40 with Bobby at Freedom Gunworks. We realized my build sheet had the same quality parts as the Para-with the added bonus of no wait time. I don't know Travis as well as others-but I can say he seems very analytical and detail oriented. I know the time and advisement he put into making this a quality gun to buy right off the shelf and I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on buying one. I've had no issues to date, even with the factory mags. The only thing I had done to mine was a tri-top, and that's a personal preference. All other parts are just the way it came. No trigger adjustments, no sight or grip replacements, and no parts swaps or polishing. I think Para is on track to do some great things and rebuild their brand. This single stack is a prime example of that.

The mag well doesn't appear to be beveled.

Why are people using 10mm mags vs 40S&W mags?

To run longer ammo in SS frames.

What are the benefits of longer ammo? Better loading for power factor?

Exactly! Wider range of loads, the main reason is to get the gun to feed better. Some guns will run factory 40 ammo but most have issues. I run 1.18 oal length in my Para P16 and it feeds great. Some barrels might have to be cut to except 1.18 length so take a dummy round at 1.18 oal and drop it in the barrel to see if it goes completely in before you load a bunch of rounds at that length.

I'll chime in, we shot the new Para's at a sales meeting back in April 2013 with TT and a couple of Para factory guys (plus an FGI VP and his ammo). All the Para's were superb 1911's with excellent fit and finish. The new Para facility in North Carolina houses a dedicated crew working hard to put out excellent made in the USA firearms. The base model Experts are plentiful at retail and the mid line Pro and Black Ops are relatively easy to obtian. The Pro Custom double stacks can be had as well.

Plus, TT was a great instructor... Several of our sales people (most of whom are occassional plinkers at best) commented that they learned more about how to hold and shoot a pistol from his brief presentation than dozens of demos by other firearm manufacturer. TT set the bar very high.

The Pro Custom double stacks are only available in 45. I actually held one of the Black Ops 45 models last week and the grip appeared to be the same size as my single stack 45.

My biggest thing was I wanted the 40 single stack for carry and possibly competition, but after looking at the double stack, it seems as easy to conceal as the single stack. I may opt for the double instead because of the increased round count.

Is it possible to drop a ten millimeter barrel in this pistol and still have it run? I figured it's ramped so it would be a great 10mm with the advantage of practice with .40.

Is there any difference in the ejector between 10 and .40?

Yes.. You can fit a 10mm barrel (P/C ramp) and have a 10/40 pisrol. If you plan on shooting heavy 10mm loads recoil spring will need to be heavier. I have early P16 and had DP fit a 40 barrel & then had old 40 barrel rechamber to 10mm barrel.

Is it possible to drop a ten millimeter barrel in this pistol and still have it run? I figured it's ramped so it would be a great 10mm with the advantage of practice with .40.

You need a 10mm Para/Clark barrel,10mm magazines and a 20-22lbs recoil spring.

Don't think Para made 10mm mags. I use the Para factory & STI Para mags without any problems.

Don't think Para made 10mm mags. I use the Para factory & STI Para mags without any problems.

Aren't we talking about the single stack pro comp 40? Also, Para does make 10mm mags for there 10mm hunter pistol now and there is plenty of other manufacturers that make 10mm 1911 SS mags.

Aren't we talking about the single stack pro comp 40? Also, Para does make 10mm mags for there 10mm hunter pistol now and there is plenty of other manufacturers that make 10mm 1911 SS mags.

Not sure which one everyone is talking about. Seems both SS and DS 40 S&W have been mentioned in this topic. I was talking about the DS Pro comp 40.

Not sure which one everyone is talking about. Seems both SS and DS 40 S&W have been mentioned in this topic. I was talking about the DS Pro comp 40.
You mean the P16? It seems the P16s new name is the Pro custom 16/40 and the SS is the Pro comp 40. I'm pretty sure 10mm rounds will fit in Factory Para P16 mags. If I remember right,P16 mags are like 1.30 front to back which is plenty of room for a 10mm. Edited by ParaGunner

• 4 weeks later...

The site still says "coming soon"

Did you get the extra mags etc with it?

I'm still waiting for the TC to become available

Getting pistol and two mags for $999.00. Considerably less that the Benny Hill 1911 40 I just ordered. Will have to wait and see which one will the the backup.

The site still says "coming soon"

Did you get the extra mags etc with it?

I'm still waiting for the TC to become available

Getting pistol and two mags for $999.00. Considerably less that the Benny Hill 1911 40 I just ordered. Will have to wait and see which one will the the backup.

If you don't mind me asking who did you go through for it? Looking to get one...