Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gaming your Glock! - USPSA Production Legal Mods List

Moltke

Are there any differences between the allowed mods in production and carry optics other than optic and magazine capacity?

You can stipple in more areas and even do undercuts on the frame in CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/16/2017 at 8:08 PM, tdp88 said:

Are there any differences between the allowed mods in production and carry optics other than optic and magazine capacity?

I believe you can do grip mods in more places (especially the slide) and undercuts.

• 2 months later...

My Gen4 G34 was overweight with Dawson adjustable sights, +.200" base pads, a grip plug, Jeger steel guiderod, and the large beavertail grip panel. 28.3 oz. I had to remove the grip panel and I am at an even 28 oz.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have a Gen 3 G34 Zev lw striker and light spring, factory connector action weight just under 3 lbs, safety resets fine.

Got a new Gen 4 G34 MOS put in a Zev lw striker and spring, and tried both a lone wolf 3.5 connector and factory connector action weight 3 lbs BUT the safety won't reset after a shot.

Tried every possible combo and ended up switching the trigger assembly from the Gen 3 to the Gen 4 and kept the g34 factory connector to get an action of 3 lbs, AND the safety resets great.

Put the Gen 4 trigger assembly into the Gen 3 G34 and the issue with the safety showed up, changed the striker spring from lw to mw and the safety will reset fine but the action weight is at a bit over 3.5 lbs, ok since it will be used in Production in USPSA and NRA AP, which has a 3.5 lb action minimum.  

The safety issue is probably due to extensive use/polishing of the gen 3 trigger assembly.  Just don't have time to repeat at this point on the gen 4 assembly.  All worked out though.

Had tried that combo in the Gen 4 and it still had the safety not resetting issue.

So I'm happy with all now, may have to look at an after market trigger assembly I guess just to be happier?

Oh and using a J Point dot and a ss guide rod with adapter and a 13# recoil spring.

Any thoughts on the best trigger assemblies?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Appendix D4 21.6

Sights, firing pins, f iring pin retainers, pins, extractors, magazine releases, slide stops, thumb
safeties, triggers, hammers, bushings, andejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

So does this mean we can use any aftermarket trigger we want on a production gun?

I think this thread needs some significant updating on the first post.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a gen2 G17 police trade in that is 100% stock except for a Houge Handall slip over grip that ads adds finger grooves to the very plain grip. With out it my hand swims around on it while i'm shooting. I think mostly due to the texture being very worn and it being a gen2.

So, my question is, would the Houge Handall keep this gun out of production? I don't want to shoot against race guns right now. I've only shot PCC and am a B shooter, and I am new to Glocks.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I have a question regarding the use of a G34 in production class for IPSC and Steel challenge. I know the rules allow removal of finger humps, undercut trigger guard  and stippling but it doesn't say anything about grip reduction at all.  Is it legal to get a grip reduction done for production or is it limited to strictly the above?

Thank you for the help, great thread! 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...