Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

I just reserved one of these. The FFL though didn't have a final price. What did you all pay for it, and any idea how long I can expect to wait?

I'm tempted to search around and get one shipped here if it means not waiting, I am shooting my first 3 gun matches in a few weeks.

$981 shipped from GrabaGun, ordered it right before RM3G,..it was waiting for me when I got home.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trimmed my spring back a little at a time and now can do 10+1 with the plus 5 extension. I also did some "sandpaper on the fingertip" polishing on the mag tube port and that slicked it up nicely. I can catch my thumb with a little effort, that may require something in the future. Fortunately it just caught my thumb, not trapped and crushed it.

ill check mine again but i could have sworn i had 10 rounds in mine with the stock tube spring....im using Winchester AA

Naaahh, no need to check boss, wait till Saturday and just see if you can toss another two in when the beeper goes off. :devil:

Suff, all that completed by yourself? It looks like you addressed the "incorrect" direction of funnel into the mag tube at the front of the port. Did you square it off or remove some material and then create a slight taper into the mag tube?

Add - Does all seem to be running well post-modification?

Edited by wgj3

Suff, all that completed by yourself? It looks like you addressed the "incorrect" direction of funnel into the mag tube at the front of the port. Did you square it off or remove some material and then create a slight taper into the mag tube?

Add - Does all seem to be running well post-modification?

Yes I did it. I really didn't remove much material. I smoothed out the edges and angles more than anything. Same thing at the front of the port, I rounded their sharp edge only. It seems to load very well, maybe not as effortless as the Versa-Max that Benny did for me but really well if I do my part. I put about 100 rounds thru it tonight after reassembly and it ran perfect!

Works just like the Benelli, except the button to put one on the carrier is at the base of the carrier instead of on the right side of the receiver. Does anyone know if these will ghost load out of the box or does the bolt need to be modified?

Works just like the Benelli, except the button to put one on the carrier is at the base of the carrier instead of on the right side of the receiver. Does anyone know if these will ghost load out of the box or does the bolt need to be modified?

Mine functions fine with a ghost load out of the box.

Hi fireman489

With ghost loading, you would already have a cartridge on the lifter so would not be able to load any more until the gun was fired, so no advantage of shoving in an extra one after the beep. :( I think this stems from matches that restrict the loaded capacity of the gun at start to 9 rounds, but if you have a gun that only holds 7 in the mag plus 1 in the chamber, then ghost loading an extra 1 would bring you up to 9 in total, as you correctly guessed 1+1+7. As I shoot in the UK where the rules can differ slightly, I stand to be corrected on this.

Keith

Just picked mine up last night and man I already like it a lot!. It was to late to get to the range and put some rounds through it, but it felt great in the hands. It will need some smoothing and rounding work done on the front of the loading port to glide the shells into the tube, they kind of hit a brick wall sometimes now, and the lifter welded and lengthen.

My one issue is that it doesn't put a shell on the lifter when the button is pushed at the rear of the lifter. That is how it works on my 391 Teknys. Am I missing something before I call Beretta's customer service and possibly have to send it back?

Also, this is what choke came in mine. It looks to be a modified and measures the same as my modified optima choke for my teknys, .710. The Beretta website says improved cylinder, but this is better if it patterns ok. Already have a Briley cylinder for it.

My one issue is that it doesn't put a shell on the lifter when the button is pushed at the rear of the lifter. That is how it works on my 391 Teknys. Am I missing something before I call Beretta's customer service and possibly have to send it back?

I new to the Beretta/Benelli operation but you are starting with the hammer cocked and bolt closed correct?

I also learned that the Nordic MX extension tube cap end threads are the same diameter and the coupling end so the tube is reversable. My Mossberg 930 Nordic tube has smaller diameter threads on the cap end. I see some guys looking for +1, +2 caps but I think there different between the original Nordic and the MX.

Also, this is what choke came in mine. It looks to be a modified and measures the same as my modified optima choke for my teknys,

Beretta claims it comes shipped with a cyl choke(edit, my mistake shipped with IC), I'll need to check/mic mine.

Edited by Nuke8401

Mine came shipped with a flush IC choke. I bought an A400 Excel the same day that I purchased the 1031 so I can use the extended chokes that were supplied with the A400. I did try an screw an Optima choke from an old shotgun into the 1301 barrel and it seemed to fit fine but I have not used it while shooting.

Mine came shipped with a flush IC choke. I bought an A400 Excel the same day that I purchased the 1031 so I can use the extended chokes that were supplied with the A400. I did try an screw an Optima choke from an old shotgun into the 1301 barrel and it seemed to fit fine but I have not used it while shooting.

I did the same thing but since this is only gonna be used for 3 gun I'm not gonna risk it since I only use to different chokes any ways. Less than $100 for extended LM and CYL.

I just ordered the 21 inch model. Anyone who has one wanna let me know if I need the +5 or the +6? I don't mind the end sticking past the barrel a little bit.

A +5 will get you 10 in the tube and will extend about 5" past the end of the barrel so a +6 should extend about 7.5" past if my maths correct. It's up to you on how many you think you need. I can fit 10 in my Benelli and have got stage planning down somewhat so I stuck with the same on the Beretta.

ill check mine again but i could have sworn i had 10 rounds in mine with the stock tube spring....im using Winchester AA

Naaahh, no need to check boss, wait till Saturday and just see if you can toss another two in when the beeper goes off. :devil:

i love your unending support hehehe.... :cheers: