Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

On 5/26/2017 at 1:21 AM, Wheelsonly said:

anyone shorten the stock so the pistol grip portion is closer to the trigger ?

I'm not familiar with the construction of the beretta, but I did this on a Predator Tactical.  It was pretty easy, chopped off 1/2", then milled a slot for trigger assembly.  This made a big difference on trigger reach for me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might want to consider an improved lifter (extended- from C-RUMS) so you do not tear your thumb nail off when loading quickly

other than that it is a great shotgun gun- mine holds 10 to 14 with NC extensions

the kick off stock helps with slugs and heavier loads- can shoot faster with less recoil and stay on target

if I remember I will bring mine to the ProAm if someone wants to shoot it- bring your own ammo

I've always considered the 1301 to be the most thumb friendly shotgun around. In fact, I just spent 20 minutes trying to get my thumb injured while loading and I couldn't pull it off. I'm really not sure how some people do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Wheelsonly said:

lifter is different for sure and serial number has moved port is still not good enough for fast quad loading

You mean as it comes from the factory I'm guessing. With the SN moved it looks like opening it up will be easy. 

12 hours ago, Wheelsonly said:

lifter is different for sure and serial number has moved port is still not good enough for fast quad loading

You mean as it comes from the factory I'm guessing. With the SN moved it looks like opening it up will be easy. 

Hello all..  new member and new owner of a 24" 1301 comp (2017).  I've been reading thru this thread and other trying to learn as much as I can, so thanks to all who posted before.....  Some REALLY great info!!!

I am hoping for some help and info on one thing in particular.  I am intersted in adding a vent rib rear sight, specifically an XS dovetail blade rear, (model SG-3001-1, but without the white dot front ).  I will be installing a HI Viz FO front.  I'm hoping to get some help and info on milling the rib to accept the rear sight but can't find much info.   I would prefer to have it cut and installed by a pro but I'm not adverse to trying it myself and would need to get the proper tools/bits.

Can anyone provide some info on the matter or perhaps recommend a place to do the work?  I'm in Southern Ca but could ship as well. I had to wait 10 days to get the firearm,  so sending it out for a couple few weeks won't be too big of a pill to swallow. If I shipped it out,  I would likely killl two birds and have a port opened up as well.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by MrFeetZ
Spelling

I'm having a bunch of work done to mine by C-Rums and XS rear is a pretty cheap option from him so I decided to get one...previously I was just splitting my Hi-Viz dot in half with the rib and my slugs were hitting right at the top of the F/O rod no problem but the rear sight seems...classier. 

On 9/3/2017 at 4:03 PM, TCB said:

I'm having a bunch of work done to mine by C-Rums and XS rear is a pretty cheap option from him so I decided to get one...previously I was just splitting my Hi-Viz dot in half with the rib and my slugs were hitting right at the top of the F/O rod no problem but the rear sight seems...classier. 

Any chance you can share a pic of your rear site work?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry this is an unreadable thread but it also seems like the best place to post.... I have a 1301 but would like to get a 28" barrel for sporting clays and other games... will an A400 barrel work or any suggestions? Thanks

{ Never mind, unless I read something erroneous it looks like none of the other Beretta barrels will work on a 1301 without serious work. }

Edited by Frankly

Got mine back from C-Rums yesterday. About a 3 week turnaround. Came out great...I have some pics but can’t post them due to size and me not knowing how to do anything about it... If anyone wants to see them or can post them hit me up. 

On 06/10/2017 at 6:51 AM, Frankly said:

Sorry this is an unreadable thread but it also seems like the best place to post.... I have a 1301 but would like to get a 28" barrel for sporting clays and other games... will an A400 barrel work or any suggestions? Thanks

{ Never mind, unless I read something erroneous it looks like none of the other Beretta barrels will work on a 1301 without serious work. }

A400 extrema barrel fits straight on

What’s the scoop on replacement charging handles for these things? I’d like to ditch the plastic one here at some point but it looks like Nordic doesn’t offer one that fits, or it may be that I just can’t make out their product codes?