Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

Absolutely, I was going to buy the optima hp by Carlson on optics planet. It seems that the IC is the most popular especially for slugs. May I ask why you chose IM, over M? Im new to the choke world, the only shotgun I have ever owned, is an 870 wingmaster with slug barrel for deer. Thanks 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does come factory with ic. I'm purchasing a Nordic extension and was going to buy the extended carlsons to match up close and be able to change without the wrench. Does anyone know how far the +5 Nordic sticks out past the barrel on the 24"? Thanks

1d64c2106f99255aecd1a34a0e9a299d.jpg

This is my 24", +5 Nordic with extended beretta IM choke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a big help thanks a lot!

There are some longer chokes that I have seen out there, but I didn't care enough that the tube was longer than the barrel. Real reason I went with extend choke tube was so I wouldn't have to use a wrench to change them out. I just go hand tight and check it before I shoot. Never have had t come loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Picatinny Rail on a 1301 Comp.

Has anyone put the Beretta picatinny rail on a 1301 Comp ?

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-picatinny-rail-for-1301-tx4/e5d864/

I understand that it is made for this firearm. Does it allow to see the rib while it is mounted ?
Any pictures to help me understand how high it is ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I emailed Beretta about switching barrels because I would like a longer barrel for hunting. They emailed me back and saidthat they were not interchangeable. I would like to know, because i was going to get a A400 instead.

I have the same question. I heard from my dealer the A400 extreme barrels are compatible with the 1301 Comp as it uses the long 3.5" base/frame.

Waiting for a confirmation from Beretta Italy.

Pat, do you have a good reference link on how all this math works? I'm relatively new to shotgunning and would love to learn the technical aspect of it! Thank you.

See below the link to the Beretta site listing the constrictions by system.

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/where-can-i-find-the-constrictions-or-dimensions/

I had someone ask me if I could take pictures of my A400 and my 1301 side by side to see the differences. So I thought I'd share what I found:

I took a bunch of pictures and put them in an imageshack folder. Let me know if you have any issues viewing it. In all of the pictures, the A400 is the one on top.

https://imageshack.com/a/mcSq/1

The only differences I can tell:

- End of magazine is different to accomodate the b-lok feature of the A400.

- A400 stock is longer

- 1301 has a higher raised rib

- 1301 has the mid bead

- A400 obviously has the kick-off

- A400 can shoot 3-1/2s

Similarities:

- Just about everything

- gas system, barrel extension, receiver, bolt carrier group

Have you tried the A400 extreme barell on the 1301 Comb ?
Does it fit ? Does it cycle ?

• 4 months later...

I seem to have found the first wear item on the 1301. I'm gonna call it the bolt cam pin, I noticed it was getting a flat spot around 4k rounds and now around 7k it has a significant flat spot with a nice burr. This part has always been well oiled and usually had a thin film of grease on it. I could feel some drag on the bolt when easing it into battery, and if I let the bolt slowly close it wouldn't go fully into battery without a little help. No malfunctions of any kind, so it hadn't become a problem yet but I'm going to buy some spares. It appears that you can spin this pin 180 degrees and get some more life out of it. 

20170418_210324.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I thought this was the best place for my query about my1301. I can't quad load because I have poor grip in my right hand. The left is worse, so I use the "old fashioned" California caddie holding 4 shells. I load right handed. Here's my question : is there any point in opening out the loading port as many have done? I'm having the lifter weldedup and was wondering do any others load right handed and did the port opening help. 

10 hours ago, nagantino said:

I thought this was the best place for my query about my1301. I can't quad load because I have poor grip in my right hand. The left is worse, so I use the "old fashioned" California caddie holding 4 shells. I load right handed. Here's my question : is there any point in opening out the loading port as many have done? I'm having the lifter weldedup and was wondering do any others load right handed and did the port opening help. 

I wouldn't weld the lifter up on a 1301, the very small 'V' on the 1301 is perfect unless you have real small fingers.

I load deuces weak handed, I did have the port opened a bit and it helped, big difference is at the front of the receiver.

Is there a compact stock made for the 1301? my wife wants a shotgun, and I was hoping to stay with a gas gun for the lighter recoil. but the only gun that I can find that may fit her well is a M3k with the stock cut down.