Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

Went to a local gun store on Thursday looking for a new VersaMax and walked out with one of the new Beretta 1301 Comp shotguns! Hadn't heard a whole lot about these but I decided to grab it. It's one of the 24" models and I was impressed with the way it was setup out of the box. The price seemed right, so I pulled the trigger. Ran over to Shooter's Connection and got a Nordic +5 tube for it and it looks ready to go.

Took it out to the range today and ran 100 rounds through it at clays setup on the berm at various ranges. I only had the factory IC choke in it, but overall it seems pretty good. The first shells I put through it were Winchester AA Light loads (1145 FPS) and it ran like a top. Ran some Federal bulk pack through it as well. No hiccups, no failures and the recoil was really nice. A lot less recoil than a Benelli. Little more recoil than my SLP but not enough to notice. After sitting around this afternoon, my shoulder isn't sore. The gun seemed to cycle really fast and without any way to really measure, it seemed a little faster on transitions than my SLP.

Overall, I'm really excited about this gun and am looking forward to running it next week at Rockcastle!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured without pics, this wouldn't be a cool thread.

WP_20130815_001.jpg

Opened up loading port.

WP_20130815_002.jpg

Oversized bolt handle and bolt release.

WP_20130815_003.jpg

Overall with the Nordic +5 and added the stock extensions that came with the gun. :)

That's how it came out of the box. It could probably be a little more aggressive, especially for L2 but really nice for being factory setup.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I bought two L2/6 CA rigs the day I bought it. Works pretty well. Might need a little bit of additional work to really slick it up. I don't think any manufacturer is going to be as aggressive as we might be. Since I just started dropping deuces, I may not be the best judge but it is faster than my unmodded SLP.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I like the big safety, too.

I'm a Versamax owner, but am glad to see another entry to the sport that seems ready-to-run out of the box. I even mentioned this to a new shooter at yesterday's match. After time on a Benelli and a VM, she voiced a strong preference for a gas gun. I wanted her to know of all the latest options.

Just be aware that the Beretta recoils harder than the VersaMax, but not as hard as the Benelli...

Mick

I'm a Versamax owner, but am glad to see another entry to the sport that seems ready-to-run out of the box. I even mentioned this to a new shooter at yesterday's match. After time on a Benelli and a VM, she voiced a strong preference for a gas gun. I wanted her to know of all the latest options.

Just be aware that the Beretta recoils harder than the VersaMax, but not as hard as the Benelli...

Mick

Good to know, thanks. She was set on a VM and I certainly didn't talk her out of it. My goal was to make her aware of some top gas gun models and leave it up to her.

I look forward to more range reports and videos of Berettas in competition.

I got my 1301 with Nordic + 5 ready Friday night and the first shot fired was in 1st stage saturday morning. B) Tried 1oz and 1 1/8 oz both ran great gun worked as expected. I am a newbie (2nd match)so only previous experience was with a Mossburg 930JM and I could tell I shot the Beretta faster but reloading was still about the same......slow. More practice needed.

It may recoil a bit harder but it also lasts longer without breakage issues, plus with the "kick off" added I doubt you can feel a difference, and it still costs less than a fully modded VM.

RNT ?? KICK OFF??

I need another cup of coffee!

Can you verify which Nordic mag extension fits? I think I will get one of these...

The one for the Benelli nova

It may recoil a bit harder but it also lasts longer without breakage issues, plus with the "kick off" added I doubt you can feel a difference, and it still costs less than a fully modded VM.

RNT ?? KICK OFF??

I need another cup of coffee!

RNT= Red Neck Tactical

Kick off= berettas buttstock that has a recoil reducing system in it

I have a new Beretta A400 Exel Sporting with a Kick Off system for shooting clays and it works. I think I will be buying one for my 1301 pretty soon.

How much weight does the kick off add?