Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

basic m2 mods for light loads

Thecelt

Besides the ghost load mod (not related to light or heavy loads) and out of battery mod what mods are done to increase reliable function with light loads? I'm looking at getting an m2 but keeping the budget down so I gotta start small with the mods.

Edited by Thecelt

Bolt lightening. Recoil operated shotgun + less mass to push back = reliable operation with lighter loads. Theoretically. I think. It looks cool, which is important. It will also cycle faster, which isn't really a big deal unless you are outrunning your trigger with the stock bolt.

Go read this thread...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=176

before you start messing with the springs. You might be well served searching elsewhere here on Enos and see what Patrick Kelley and Kurt Miller have to say about the mods you want to do. While they may not be in total agreement, I would seriously consider their opinions before doing much modding.

well i pulled the trigger and ordered the 21" M2 today. now the hard part is the wait... ordered up a nordic extension, light weight charging handle , and oversized bolt release for now. i blame it all on this forum for getting bit by the benelli bug. ;)

I ran 100 rounds through her this weekend. Some slugs, and shooting offhand at 50 yards it was dead center and about 4"high but that is easily adjusted by bead placement. I was covering the target with the bead so if I expose the center with bead below she should be right on. At any rate I ran bulk target loads from rem, win, and fed with no issues. Definitely need a better fo sight. Already know the one just gotta order it up.

Edited by Thecelt

where did you fellas get em from ? Im thinking 24" M2 or Beretta 1301....... sitting here looking at both w my card in hand..... :blush:

You might check Gene Sears Supply. They're located in El Reno Oklahoma. I bought my 24" out there about a year ago and at the time they had plenty of 21" and 24" in stock. I'm guessing that they'll ship to your FFL. I've always shopped in the store so I don't know for sure.

1145 fps is the lightest loads you want to run in you Benelli. It will run those right out of the box.

JT, have you ran any of those 1oz Estate's or Rio's that Academy sells?

I have shot about 1000 rounds of the estates. Bought them back when they were $1/box cheaper 3-5 months ago. They are great for practice but I get a bad round that won't fire or eject about 1/250 or so.

I've successfully run my M2 with AA 7/8oz extra light loads. All I've done internally is a little polishing on the bolt carrier. Its still stock weight. Maybe I just got a lucky one from the factory. However, I still run a heavier load most of the time to be more sure of knocking steel down.

Edited by rboyes