Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDm 5.25 trigger work

JerZSquid

I have an XDm 5.25 .40 cal and would like to improve its mushy trigger. I have previously owned the 4.5 XDm and don't remember it being as bad as my 5.25.

Is there anywhere I can send my gun to improve this that has a decent turnaround time. I don't need this gun tomorrow or anything but I don't like sending my guns off somewhere for 6-8 months either.

I'm not a high speed, low drag operator wannabe or someone who will be competing for a living either. I just appreciate a good trigger and like to maximize my firearms potential.

Any suggestions or personal experiences are welcomed. Thank you.

Powder River Precision drop-in trigger is a great upgrade for $125.00 dollars. I've done all 3 of my XDm's and the kit functions flawlessly. Self install (easy) if you have basic mechanical ability and the proper tools.

Another vote for Springer Precision. Scott did mine with a short turn around and it turned out great!

I normally do my own work but have zero experience with the XDm platform and am unlikely to buy more than one so I hired a professional. Easier and cheaper than fussing with one of the aftermarket kits, at least this time.

If I ever feel the need for another XDm I might take the plunge and try it myself with Springer precision or another parts kit.

I am very happy with the springer precision work and would use them again. Great work and great customer service.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the lightest custom trigger that CC or SP can crank out without changing the striker and recoil spring?

Not sure how low CC or SP would get it for you but I used the Ultimate trigger kit with a bit of my own careful polishing and tweaking and my XDM 5.25 is right at 2.75lbs. It retains the factory striker and recoil spring. The striker spring however is I believe a slightly reduced power spring but have not had a soft primer hit even with some wolf primers I have in some old practice ammo I used up.

What's the lightest custom trigger that CC or SP can crank out without changing the striker and recoil spring?

Not sure how low CC or SP would get it for you but I used the Ultimate trigger kit with a bit of my own careful polishing and tweaking and my XDM 5.25 is right at 2.75lbs. It retains the factory striker and recoil spring. The striker spring however is I believe a slightly reduced power spring but have not had a soft primer hit even with some wolf primers I have in some old practice ammo I used up.

I have 4 PRP triggers that I put in myself. The lightest of the 3 is around 3lbs.

I was just wondering how a custom CC or SP compared.

Edited by d_striker

I have guns with trigger work from Powder River Precision and Springer Precision, and both are fantastic. To find out more give them a call or email. They are both great at communication. I have also installed 3 of the PRP a ultimate Trigger kits with great results. It just depends how low you want to go and if you want to do it yourself.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2