Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fort Benning 3-Gun 2013!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Ladies and Gentlemen:

As stated in the above post, the sign up "Button" for registration is on the webpage. It will allow you to "practice" until we go live. Please note there are several choices under Class which have been added: example RO and Friday. If you are not inetered in shooting the "regular match" and you wish to shoot with the RO's on Friday, choose Friday. We have a limited number of slots available for shooters who wish to shoot with the ROs.

The Scoring System ("SS") will automatically handle entering competitors and assigning you a shooter number. The SS will also handle Wait-listing competitors when the match becomes full. When you register, you will receive an email registration confirmation-which is automatically gerenated by the SS-so make sure you enter your email address correctly! Keep your confirmation email whether you are Entered or Waitlisted. Reason(s): If a slot becomes available, you will get an email from me stating a slot has opened. If you choose to participate, you will be removed from Waitlist status to Entered by me. You will need the registration confirmation to log back into the SS to finish your online registration. In addition, if you have questions on whether or not your entry fee is received, you may use the registration confirmation to log in to determine this information and to view your status, change divisions, or add to your squad request!

You will have 10 days to mail me your entry fee (including the amount for any shirts you may order). If not received within 10 days, you will be removed from Entered and the next person on the Wait List will be contacted. If removed from the Entered Slot, you will have the choice of being Waitlisted and if a slot opens, you will then be offered that slot.

ROs will still need to register...

DO NOT send me certified or signature required mail. I will not be home during working hour to sign for it and I won't make trips to the post office. There is no need to Fed Ex, DHL or UPS your check to me. Regular US Mail is sufficient.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you all at the match!

Sandra

2013 SEGC Stats

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Yikes!!

Registration comes up in like 4 hours. Holey bullets.

Are there any rules for this match? I don't see an option for a big, sorry, I mean Heavy Metal division. Like HML or HMT? Like HML with irons or 1x? Like is Limited ok to go with 1x, or do they have to be actual irons in the irons class. Magazine restrictions?

Just saying, it would be helpful.

Will the scoring system still be that IDPA crap?

Awe you mean where you actually have to make good shots on paper. I like it.

Pat

Let someone shoot you in the D zone and tell me it not a good shot afterwards.

Yea but I would be around to complain about it not so much with an A zone hit. A byproduct of the current 2 anywhere to neutralize scoring is sloppy shooting. It is there match let them score it how they want without bashing on it. The same people will still win regardless.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Awe you mean where you actually have to make good shots on paper. I like it.Pat
Yea but I would be around to complain about it not so much with an A zone hit. A byproduct of the current 2 anywhere to neutralize scoring is sloppy shooting. It is there match let them score it how they want without bashing on it. The same people will still win regardless.Pat

Only one way to find out! What I dislike is that it takes longer to score than shoot which means less time to shoot!

Yea but I would be around to complain about it not so much with an A zone hit. A byproduct of the current 2 anywhere to neutralize scoring is sloppy shooting. It is there match let them score it how they want without bashing on it. The same people will still win regardless.Pat

Only one way to find out! What I dislike is that it takes longer to score than shoot which means less time to shoot!

I haven't spoken to Aaron today, but rules should be posted soon AND it will have the scoring system we will use. Yes, there is a refund-I need to confirm the cut off date. There is a non-refunable $50.00 adminstration fee no matter when you withdraw. I will endeavor to confirm the cut off date and advise you accordingly...but seriously-I'm getting calls from people in the UK wanting to come play and it isn't Mike.45!

Not bashing, nor complaining, just offering a suggestion/alternative to IDPA "crap" scoring. It probably does take marginally longer to score targets where the hits are scored rather than witnessed, but then it is a shooting contest after all.

No worries, either way I'll still make the effort to register in a few minutes regardless of what scoring method is used.

Can anyone get to that site now, I can't. Do I have to wait until 8? Also do you have to be military to play?

Do we have to wait on site to go live before signing in? The old way we could have all data filled out and when the clock struck 8 hit the submit button.

Not to worry...Only basic information is required. You will then get a response from the site stating either entered or waitlist. Keep the email as it will have a confirmation number and password. Use this to sign back in to finish your online registration...Good Luck

I haven't spoken to Aaron today, but rules should be posted soon AND it will have the scoring system we will use. Yes, there is a refund-I need to confirm the cut off date. There is a non-refunable $50.00 adminstration fee no matter when you withdraw. I will endeavor to confirm the cut off date and advise you accordingly...but seriously-I'm getting calls from people in the UK wanting to come play and it isn't Mike.45!

Never quite understood the "administrative fee". If there are shooters on the wait list, shouldn't be any issues.... oh well

I'm entered in the match. Guess I have to figure it out within a couple days then