Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran Tactical front sight only?

Tim/GA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Mine measures .228 height and .118 width. i'm going to pair it with a Dawson adjustable rear sight, but haven't installed it yet... so I'm not as concerned as others would be on the size.

But I read others quote the size as .230 and .115, .220 and .115.. maybe I got one that was a misfit which is why I was able to buy just the front?

Mine measures .228 height and .118 width. i'm going to pair it with a Dawson adjustable rear sight, but haven't installed it yet... so I'm not as concerned as others would be on the size.

But I read others quote the size as .230 and .115, .220 and .115.. maybe I got one that was a misfit which is why I was able to buy just the front?

Are you a machinist with calibrated tools?

No, but I calibrated my digital calipers and got .225 height and .115 width this time. Then I measured my current fiber optic front sights width which measured .100 as it should.

But I'm not a professional.

Hopefully Taran Tactical can weigh in and verify which sizes are currently available.

No, but I calibrated my digital calipers and got .225 height and .115 width this time. Then I measured my current fiber optic front sights width which measured .100 as it should.

Hopefully Taran Tactical can weigh in and verify which sizes are currently available.

Since you were off by .003 on both measurements you can see why others have different measurements.

We have a 220, a 230, and a 235 right now. 220s are out of production ( as everyone is shooting too high with them ), so our standard right now is a .235h .115w.

We have a 220, a 230, and a 235 right now. 220s are out of production ( as everyone is shooting too high with them ), so our standard right now is a .235h .115w.

Well damn... I'm putting my calipers away... they were cheap from Harbor Freight. Anyway, the size is less of a concern for me as I have an adjustable rear to help zero.

Thanks for info TTI!

Well damn... I'm putting my calipers away... they were cheap from Harbor Freight. Anyway, the size is less of a concern for me as I have an adjustable rear to help zero.

Thanks for info TTI!

No problem!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...