Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Humble pie and Kyle Farris

leas327

The second USPSA match I ever attended I was sent up to squad with Kyle (Flexmoney). My friend and I were the typical newbs, scared to reset anything or do anything because we were afraid to piss anyone off. Everyone in our squad was actually very nice and gave us plenty of leeway as we came up with our terrible newb stage plans that tromped all over their walk through. Kyle and crew chatted us up and gave us a few pointers. It was clear after the first stage they were all much better than us.

During a long walk between stages Kyle talked to us about the draw and we explained how the shooting we had done was from low ready and we thought we were pretty quick. I remember him saying about how he was faster from the holster and my friend and I kinda gave each other a look. So I took it upon myself to explain to Kyle how to prepare an awesome low ready groove.

When we got in the truck to go home we talked about how much fun we had and that how much better those guys were than us.(until that point we thought we were pretty hot shit) We guessed those guys were probably A class. Turns out Kyle and crew beat us pretty soundly and he was a GM and had two M's with him. Here I was some U giving a GM advice on a low ready start.

I designed my first stage this weekend and Kyle came over to help debug it. He helped me make it work in the space I had and keep it open to give shooters options and still maintain the intent of my design.

Thanks for all the help the last couple years Kyle.

Edited by leas327

Ask the Steve's -- Anderson and Moneypenny -- about this one time at band camp, eh, the Nationals at PASA, and what happens to passengers when Kyle decides to make a sharp turn while at speed, on a slope....

:-)

Good times. I can't remember if that was the year of the Enos Squad -- I think so though....

• 9 months later...

I understand how you felt....

As an overagressive high school athlete that was pretty full of themselves, I was running late for the bus to go to a state playoff football game. I got to the bus just in time and an old man was on the steps of the bus in front of me and would not move. I thought I said quietly under my breath, "get the hell out of my way old man". As it turns out, he could still hear very well. The elderly man was Yogi Berra who had come to give wish us good luck. That was 23 years ago and I remember it as it was yesterday, I still feel like and idiot.

• 4 months later...

I am a little late here, man that was the good ol' days there... ... we both went flying. like on day one of nationals... me in sandals and road rash, anderson with a cigar burn on his leg. I met kyle as a lowly A class shooter ( him) I was C or B. He definitley inspired me to do more for the sport, and is always helping out anyone he can in the shooting sports.

Don't worry, we all get humor being told how to do things by " noclass " lol just kidding shooters.. but the hillarious one is when some shooter who knows NOTHING about fast shooting comes up with a better plan than you.

It's all about the fun. and I'm hoping to have some more on the range in the future!

Ask the Steve's -- Anderson and Moneypenny -- about this one time at band camp, eh, the Nationals at PASA, and what happens to passengers when Kyle decides to make a sharp turn while at speed, on a slope....

:-)

Good times. I can't remember if that was the year of the Enos Squad -- I think so though....