Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The song of USPSA?

Mr. Anderson, I recently had a change in my though process as it concerns to USPSA shooting and given your past, I thought you would be the perfect person to run it by. Just to make sure I'm on the right track.

A bit of history. About 3 years ago, I decided to get off my ass and start doing things I've always wanted to do. One of those things was learn how to play guitar. I picked up an acoustic and started learning. One of my biggest challenges was teaching my hands to do two separate things. One hand strumming a rhythm and the other making chords and putting these together make a song. After a good couple weeks of practice, I got it, but it was a challenge for me. I will not profess to being good at playing, but I do enjoy it very much.

I started shooting USPSA in January and to date I have made great progress. While shooting my last match ( a local match), I realized a similar situation as playing the guitar. My trigger finger playing a rhythm based off the distance of the targets and my offhand driving the sight picture (the chords). This was the best match I've ever had, by leaps and bounds, and I placed in the top 10 of 40 in the limited division. When I saw the scores, it was a "oh sh*t" moment. The downside was if my trigger finger didn't have the right rhythm I would miss my A, but I was able to call all my shots.

This may seem a little stupid, but I guess I'm looking for some kind of reassurance in my theory here. I just purchased your books, but I do not have them yet. We'll see where they take me. Thanks for reading this.

Edited by not4you2know