Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Gold Trigger

tohm

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. 99% of those running an AR Gold are happy with it right out of the box. If you shoot it a while and still want to monkey with it, then cool beans, but the vast majority of us will never be competing in $50k shoot offs and need the extra .01sec splits, like Daniel. I have 4 of em right now. They are all on the factory settings and they all work perfectly (a couple with thousands of rounds on them).

I really have no intention of having a 1 pound trigger but I do prefer to have information on a product i purchase in case I choose to try making an adjustment. According to their sales it is an adjustable trigger so I would assume the how to would be passed along with the product or just make it non-adjustable which is easy enough. I appreciate and respect caution in just cranking down on adjustments, however i am just seeking the information.

Is the AR Gold trigger single stage or two stage? I am going to be changing from my Geissele SSA-E as I don't care for the two stage feel and was looking for a single stage and thought the AR Gold was until I saw the page at Midway saying two stage. Any help with this?

I am not a fan of the normal AR two stage trigger, however I bit the bullet on this and just shot it for the first time about two hours ago. Now I have sipped the Kool Aide and like it. If you can find someone local who has one give it a try, or check into their money back deal.

I've been on the fence about this trigger for a few years and finally had a chance to dry fire one the other day and ordered one. I like my JP but the Gold did feel more like a 1911. I haven't decided which gun to put it into, my 3gun AR or will it work with my Olympic Arm Glock .40 carbine? Anyone know if its compatible? Looks the same as .223.

I am not a fan of the normal AR two stage trigger, however I bit the bullet on this and just shot it for the first time about two hours ago. Now I have sipped the Kool Aide and like it. If you can find someone local who has one give it a try, or check into their money back deal.

I hate two stage triggers. Hate them... except for the AR Gold. ARGold really is awesome.

I like my JP, very good trigger. I like the AR Gold, very good. Also they are much different so try to get them side by side and see what you prefer. I plan to build an AR next winter and it will have the AR Gold in it, 100% personal preference only. It is like blonds or brunettes, personal choice.

That's the problem. I don't have any close by. My team mate has a JP and really likes it but he is in VA. Maybe I will get the AR Gold as they have the 30 day money back guarantee so if I don't like it I can get my money back and get the JP.

Wow, my dad, step dad and I all went to sub school in Groton. Small world. Personally, I don't care if it's two stage or single stage. I only care about points on the board. There are lots of great triggers and I shoot best with the AR Gold. Try a few, pick the one you agree with the best and practice, practice practice. I tried a few and connected with the AR Gold (probably because I shoot a lot of 1911s). If you are coming out for RM3G look up Mike Payne on the RO staff and I'll let you burn a few through one of my rifles.

Smaller world, I am sitting on the Subase right now typing this. LOL I work at the Subase Fire Dept.

Thanks Mike but won't be out there this year. Hopefully next though. I have a Geissele SSA-E now and not really impressed with it. It's nice but I like my Timney better. I agree with the practice and that's why i am just trying to make a good first call so I can practice more and be ordering less LOL

That's it! I am ordering the AR Gold tomorrow. Decision made.

Got my trigger in yesterday and installed this morning. Almost didn't go out with the 90+ degree weather and 90% humidity but hey it's just a little sweat and after dry firing I was really wanting to shot the rifle LOL

Trigger was very simple to install and safety check. Broke very nicely. I am not a two stage trigger guy as I mentioned but this trigger has a very short and light first stage so it's like it's almost not there. Reset is super fast. Firing doubles is easy and fast.

The only thing I have found I am not thrilled with but it's not a deal breaker is that the safety is hard to put on. Well not hard but needs more force than other triggers. Just need to make completely sure the safety is definitely on when dumping the rifle in the barrel. I am not sure if this can be worked on or just the nature of the beast with the trigger's safety features. Any insight?

I ordered four of them through Brownells and they are back ordered, may want to search for another resource. They have been on order since Mark first posted them.

Well might have to buy one last thing for this rifle. Just when I thought it was done LOL

I agree with not filing on the safety for the obvious safety reasons. I really didn't want to go that route. Just didn't know if anyone had tried a little grease or very minor polishing to smooth it out but still be safe. Thanks for the help. Either way I am glad I got the trigger.

I’ve been running JP triggers forever, I love them! They’re on all my rifles (except a POF I won). I set them light and tight on my match rifles, and yes, they do require a tune-up/maintenance once in a while. But when they’re setup right,….sweet!

Having a Seekins SP223 lower that needed putting together, I thought I’d go off the reservation and try an AR Gold due to the praises of a few of the guys I know (and trust) on this thread. I mean, who doesn’t love a great 1911/2011 trigger??

I dropped it in yesterday (without doing any adjustments) and spent the better part of the morning pulling it apart and putting it back together in different configurations.

My example is creepy, heavy, inconsistent and the safety is harder to put on.

I tried standard pins, JP oversized pins, different standard safeties, a Noveske short throw and no safety, dry firing side by side with my main match rifle at each change.

Getting frustrated and hoping it wasn’t the lower, I tore apart a backup rifle and repeated the same process. Same thing, except the Noveske short throw works a little better on the Sun Devil lower.

The good news; the Seekins has a trigger that matches my main rifle.

The bad news; I have a lower sitting on my bench that I’m not too impressed with.

I’m not ready to pass judgment yet,… but did I just get a lemon? (stuff happens and can fall though the cracks, I'm ok with it) It does feel like it’s just out of adjustment. But I don’t want to touch it, if I’m sending it back.

Mike, do you mind if I test drive yours next weekend? I’ll be rolling into Raton Saturday afternoon.

Brian, your open pistols have some of the nicest triggers I’ve felt. Are you adjusting the AR Gold?

Thanks,…Dale

Edited by kampr